'65 P & '66 J Bass Giveaway (Scott's Bass Lessons Comp.)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• wasn't me then.. I guess I'd have been informed by now..   I wonder if he "knew" the winners lol
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7580
    The majority (and it is the majority) of people though just let email subscriptions drip into their inbox - sometimes deleting - sometimes ignoring - sometimes reading - and at scale that turns into someone who gets inquisitive enough after an extended period to start a trial or a sub - that's just digital marketing. 

No like - unsubscribe - if there are issue with unsubbing that IS not cool and should be reported though 
    Red ones are better. 
  • That is indeed the problem.
    Unsubbing is often not effective. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7580
    That is indeed the problem.
    Unsubbing is often not effective. 
    It’s common to be subbed to different lists from the same company for different things and need to unsub from each but if it doesn’t work at all that’s a no no 
    Red ones are better. 
  • You'll be hit with remarketing anyway along the way...
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Yuck. I didn't know about the dodgy business, I was already put off by the clickbaiting and all the monetisation measures/advertising on YouTube. He got some good guests, though, hope they were paid well.
  • Well, I had a go...and didn't win.

Incidentally, I went to school with Scott (I'm older).  He played guitar to begin with and made the change to bass.  I'm sure I recall scoffing about being a failed guitarist or at least if I didn't then my mate who went to L.A. shortly afterwards to go to G.I.T. definitely did.  I'm now a civil servant, my mate a solicitor and Scott is the biggest online bass teacher in the world.

Wannabe guitarist who couldn't handle six* strings...I think not  :o

* - he probably plays 45-string basses now.
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    I'm going to enter, won't win, and will unsubscribe from whatever mails I get in the future...
    Good luck with that.

Some have had to actively threaten reporting him to the ICO to get unsub'd!
    Who?

I've been a fully paid member before and had no trouble unsubscribing from emails at all.

Finding all this negativity about him totally bizarre. It's true that he advertises too heavily. The rest of the stuff seems to be completely made up.

Unless there's any legit reasons for all the accusations of scamming and the likes?

Also the people so opposed to data collection, do you think he's going to be browsing through your holiday photos or something? If you even have a social media account for him to go through you'll be having more data collected than any bass teacher ever could.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom