No more velcro on my board...

stefjuddstefjudd Frets: 41
I just thought I would share an idea...
I was sick of pedals (eventually) falling of the board when in transit as the velcro eventually gives up the ghost so I did this...

I cut some strips of plastic from a CD spindle lid:
Then drilled a hole in each end. Unscrewed the back of the pedal and fitted the plastic under each corner:
Then screwed it to the board.... Het presto! They don't budge one bit! Also really good for heavy stuff like my WAH and Looper...

Hopefully this may be useful to someone!...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• exocetexocet Frets: 2065
    That's a great idea :)

I'd experimented with the metal "chain links" that pedal parts sell. Hadn't realised that they were actually "chain links" and so nigh on  impossible to drill out if you needed to increase the hold diameter. Also found that the screws on the base of the Joyo pedals are too short to fit through the chain links and still be long enough to screw into the base of the pedal. This would appear to address both issues :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stefjuddstefjudd Frets: 41
    exocet said:

I'd experimented with the metal "chain links" that pedal parts sell. Hadn't realised that they were actually "chain links" and so nigh on  impossible to drill out if you needed to increase the hold diameter. Also found that the screws on the base of the Joyo pedals are too short to fit through the chain links and still be long enough to screw into the base of the pedal. This would appear to address both issues :)
    Glad this helped you!
  • stefjuddstefjudd Frets: 41
    joeyowen said:
    Ah.. that's what I was actually looking to get ages ago but couldn't find them in the UK! Thanks for the link- looks like a useful website! 
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1746
    exocet said:

Either get them to close to white heat with a gas torch and allow to cool very slowly.

Or, buy a Cobalt/Titanium drill bit as used by gunsmiths.

Dave.

• basslooserbasslooser Frets: 17
    Awesome!