anyone running a klon (clone or original) with a fuzz factory? Buffer issues

meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10343
I imagine there aren't many people running both but I have to ask. 

I see that the Klon and its copies are buffered and I think this will cause an issue with my fuzzfactory. 

Recently I added a Whammy to my board and either side of my fuzz factory it badly effected the pedals sound. 
One side produced a continuous clicking noise, the other dampened the pedal and created a lot of fizz.

I am wondering if the Klon would do something similar? Are there different buffers that behave differently?

I think I would really like a klon clone and I have one in mind but my fuzz factory is not coming off my board to accommodate another pedal. 

Thanks for any info. 
The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FazerFazer Frets: 488
    what power supply are you using? and is it powering both the whammy and fuzz fac?
  • FazerFazer Frets: 488
    i dont have a whammy or any kind of klon (and its been a while since i had a fuzz factory clone), but a lot of the time those noise issues comes from sharing a power supply

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10343
    I had the whammy on its own supply. (due to adapter size)

Everything else behaves fine when the whammy is out of the chain. Nice and quiet, Fuzz works perfect etc. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7339
    I own both and they are original pedals not clones, but rarely use them together.

Will try it out tomorrow and report back.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10343
    edited June 2014
    Thanks Jef, much appreciated
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    If your whammy has an led display, then it's probably that being "amplified" which causes the ticking noise, so you shouldn't have any problem with a klon(e) in that respect. Generally buffers before a FF are bad as the fuzz amplifies the buffer, making everything sound weird. Where in your chain were you planning on putting the klon? Again, if it's after the fuzz, you should be ok.
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    I run my Klon after my MKII and Buzzaround no probs. As has been mentioned as long as you have your fuzz first then jobs a good in!