Small bodied acoustic recommendation

What's Hot
munckeemunckee Frets: 12359
My 13 year old nephew is playing a classical acoustic and a mini epiphone special i sourced for him a couple of years ago.  He is having lessons at school but didn't play much outside of his lessons.  He recently mentioned to my brother a couple of songs he wanted to learn which I showed him and now he is getting really into it.

My brother wants to reward his enthusiasm with a steel string acoustic, budget is £200, I came up with a few suggestions including Fender CP60s (parlor) and CC60s (concert) based on the fact he is small for 13.  Still full size but smaller bodied, he can play my jaguar okay so I think these would be fine.

Is there anything else in this price range we should be looking at.  I took my daughter to PMT and she tried every acoustic in the price range and we picked a washburn as sounding the best.  Due to current situation my brother wants to order without visiting the shop.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3691
    I bought my son the CC-60SCE which is slightly above your budget (£229) but might be worth stretching to. It's a nice instrument, very comfortable to play and he's very happy with it.
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    Vintage V300 is worth a look. It's described as a "folk" size. I have them in stock as a starter "kit" with a gigbag and spare strings etc at £199.

www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Vintage V300 is worth a look. It's described as a "folk" size. I have them in stock as a starter "kit" with a gigbag and spare strings etc at £199.
    This. Brilliant guitar for the money. It’s full scale, but small-bodied - about 00 size in traditional terms.

I have the mahogany-top one, which is perhaps a bit more limited in tone range than the spruce, but I think actually sounds better.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12359
    Thanks for the replies, the V300 looks really good.

Saw my nephew last night, he has decided pop punk is his thing and now has decided that a big boys electric is what he needs!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    munckee said:

Saw my nephew last night, he has decided pop punk is his thing and now has decided that a big boys electric is what he needs!
    Strat with a bridge humbucker and stickers, it’s the only choice :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Balrog68Balrog68 Frets: 100
    edited July 2020
    I've got an Eastcoast G1S Grand Auditorium from PMT. These are bigger than a Parlour but smaller than a Dreadnought. When I bought it I I played it along with a baby Taylor and a small bodied Martin(can't remember the model)
    I went to PMT with £600 burning a hole in my pocket but only spent £120 because IMHO the Eastcoast played and sounded better.
    I recommend he tries s a few together when he get chance.
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    A little over that budget, but the Eastman PCH OM is great.  I helped my teenage cousin get one last year and she's totally comfortable playing it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom