SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED: Archtop guitar with pickup

What's Hot
KristoKristo Frets: 131
edited February 2023 in Guitars £
I've just sold my acoustic and freed up some funds so I'm looking to get myself an archtop guitar; non-cutaway with magnetic pickup ideally. Something like an Eastman AR405E, Loar LH309VS or Gretsch G9555 would be perfect as I get on better with 1.75" nuts. Open to other suggestions, so please get in touch if you have something you're looking to move on. Cheers.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8071
    edited August 2020
    A friend of mine is selling this:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10221708668081974&set=gm.1317688005102854&type=3

Hofner Committee 1955 with DeArmond 1000 Rhythm Chief Pickup and Lead.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• KristoKristo Frets: 131
    Thanks Harry. As nice as I’m sure it is, I can’t get past that headstock. 
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8071
    Kristo said:
    Thanks Harry. As nice as I’m sure it is, I can’t get past that headstock. 
    Oh, yes...an acquired taste, certainly... ;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• greejngreejn Frets: 133
    Fibonacci Californian ? £1600 without case, better to try it first. Cheers, Jon
  • richhrichh Frets: 453
    Sunburst Yamaha AE18 with original hard case, not sure of exact date but around 1974, please PM if you'd like more info or photos.  £975 collected - sorry, I won't ship this. These are quite rare.  I'm also selling a vintage Gibson ES-175 and ES-335 but I'm guessing these are over your budget.  Only trades I'm after is a 7 string jazz guitar.

Thanks Greejn and Richh, but not sure they’re quite what I’m after. 
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 739
    Got a cheaper one so might not be the quality you are after  - a Vintage brand archtop with a Fishman piezo/preamp and a neck P90 (think it’s an Irongear or Tonerider). Wired with two separate outputs for the Magnetic pickup and Piezo and a three way switch to switch between the two or have both on. The idea is to send the piezo signal to the PA and the P90 signal to a guitar amp. Had a full setup when the electrics were done and it plays and sounds very good indeed! 

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

Not sure what you are after. This is a Godin 5th Avenue Composer .. check out the video below:

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    It also takes distortion .. the great Phillip Catherine ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Still on the hunt.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6439
    edited August 2020
    The Gretsch New Yorker G9555 is great, but be aware it has a very v shaped neck, I didn't find it comfy at all.  The Dearmond pickup is fantastic though. 

The Eastman 405 is definitely a step up quality-wise, and re: ^^^^^  Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin is the P90 version, a few on Reverb for £500ish
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Thanks Jalapeno. I've got an Eastman T64/v and love it, so a 405 is definitely the front runner. The Godin's look nice too, so I might give those a look. Cheers.
  • I know someone who might part with his Aria L-1000...
  • xavrileyxavriley Frets: 11
    robwright said:
    Got a cheaper one so might not be the quality you are after  - a Vintage brand archtop with a Fishman piezo/preamp and a neck P90 (think it’s an Irongear or Tonerider). Wired with two separate outputs for the Magnetic pickup and Piezo and a three way switch to switch between the two or have both on. The idea is to send the piezo signal to the PA and the P90 signal to a guitar amp. Had a full setup when the electrics were done and it plays and sounds very good indeed! 
    How much for this one?
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 739
    xavriley said:
    robwright said:
    How much for this one?
    £300 delivered

edited September 2020
    Thought I’d sorted a Gretsch but its fallen through. Still looking.... 
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 742
    tFB Trader
    @Kristo I've a Godin Kingpin just in - hardly played. If it might interest you drop me a DM.
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • If you can get to East London area this looks like a bargain to me https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARIA-FA71-Jazz-Guitar-Charlie-Christian-Pickup-No-Case/224155574025

2 years later, after something again. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6439
    Same advice ^^^^^^^

FYI I got an old 1953 Framus, and am in the process of replacing the bridge with a Shadow Piezo (rather than butchering the vintage scratchplate for a DeArmond or floating Charlie Christian) - Will update once I've sanded off the surplus 3mm from the bridge feet .... !)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback