Taylor Big Baby tuners

spev11spev11 Frets: 327
The tuner on my Taylor have got a little vague, there's about a 16th of an inch before anything happens making it a bugger to tune.I'd happily replace them but they don't have any screw holes on them (unlike the tuners on my Tele for example). I've not removed them yet as Its my only playable guitar while the Tele is in bits having new pick ups fitted. 
Other than guying some Gotohs and drilling some little holes anybody recommend some drop in replacements?
ta in advance
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3691
    Is it definitely the tuners and not the nut?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72324
    I have a set of Taylor machineheads like that - nickel plated. If it’s definitely a problem with the head I can sell you one.

But as drofluf said, make sure it’s not the nut first - the easiest way to do that is swap it with one of the others on the same side.

Also check that the key screw isn’t overtightened.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• spev11spev11 Frets: 327
    I shall double check the net when  get home tonight