The (very) delayed NGD

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• allen said:
    Really nice SG

I've been considering adding one of these to my collection. Are you still playing and enjoying it after the honeymoon?

Yep it’s absolutely great. Still love the neck profile being comfortably chunky and the spankiness out of it...does the tele on steroids thing and is very happy to give up a snarly, raspy tone. All 3 positions are also very usable for me, and rather oddly compared to other guitars are more subtle in difference.

I did say initially it doesn’t like high gain, that’s still true. Also would add that it doesn’t do the weighty/meaty roar a Les Paul can effortlessly produce. Neither of those points are problems for me but might matter to someone else.

Still really love it. More than thought I already did or would while playing around the issues from the missing screws. I’ve got it set up with 9s now and it’s just fun to play and hard to get a bad sound from. It’s a bit of a monster.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Happy delayed new guitar day. Can’t wait to do my mega delay NGD

Just waiting for a window in my local techs long list of clients He will put in a mahogany block for me behind the floyd and set up how I like it ,dive only, plus install my FR push in arm I got from felineguitars , I might get him to put the brass block in too or save it for my other crackle finish SLX .

anyway enjoy your guitar . It doesn’t half remind me of the white one that the awesome Graham Oliver used to play in Saxon 
  • Reminds me of this one 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Congrats, I'm a big fan of SGs with Vibrolas, a chunky neck seals the deal. But seriously a CS guitar with missing screws? A £3.5k+ guitar with missing screws? that's very poor QC in anyones book......

• Congrats, I'm a big fan of SGs with Vibrolas, a chunky neck seals the deal. But seriously a CS guitar with missing screws? A £3.5k+ guitar with missing screws? that's very poor QC in anyones book......
    Yeah, it wasn’t good QC. I can only speculate that it escaped notice since it didn’t always show the fault but how much it was present or not was with how the guitar was angled. Covid didn’t help how long it took to get it sorted. I don’t want to give the impression too much of all’s well that ends well. Here’s hoping it’s not an experience anyone else ends up with!

The vibrola has grown on me. I’m not going crazy with it, but it’s a nice tool to have in the kit to add a little chaos in a good way. The chunky neck is definitely where it’s at, the 59 Les Paul type neck is really comfy for me.