• pmgpmg Frets: 301
    Very nice @Wazmeister ;

i hope this is a keeper for you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 10236
    pmg said:
    Very nice @Wazmeister ;

i hope this is a keeper for you
    The rest of us don't. We're all waiting for the inevitable for sale thread in about 6-9 months  ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2504
    Great post. I’m a Tele man too. Have built loads. I bought a Broadcaster 70th USA model. Same pickups as the CS I believe. I’ve cut back all the gloss from the back of the neck and put short saddle screws on. They are the only changes. Great guitar. Really meaty bridge pickup. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    I am tempted to trade in my Palir for a CS of one of these...
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 175
    F**k me, that is all kinds of crazy cool...I'm soooo jealous. Hope its all you want it to be mate !
  • Great looking guitar!   I also have a custom shop model which is incredible to play and sounds great.    In regards to the wiring and the control plate vs. the single transistor, I think the custom shop models come with the wiring plate while the production run has the transistor.  I experimented and went back and forth quite a bit between the traditional wiring/blender and modern wiring and ended up with the modern wiring.   I love the blending of pickups but the pickups were a bit too bright for me with the traditional wiring (no tone knob then) and I prefer rolling the tone knob back (modern wiring) vs. reducing volume to take out some of the highs.  I switched things back and forth 4-5 times before finally settling on the modern wiring setup.   Enjoy the guitar!
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10104
    rze99 said:
    Great post. I’m a Tele man too. Have built loads. I bought a Broadcaster 70th USA model. Same pickups as the CS I believe. I’ve cut back all the gloss from the back of the neck and put short saddle screws on. They are the only changes. Great guitar. Really meaty bridge pickup. 
    I’ve seen your posts, which have been very helpful, on the Telecaster Forum mate. 

Delighted with it at the moment, but I am heading towards modern wiring maybe :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I appreciate everyone’s kind comments and all the wows ! 

Thanks one and all :)
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14266
    rze99 said:
    I’ve seen your posts, which have been very helpful, on the Telecaster Forum mate. 

Delighted with it at the moment, but I am heading towards modern wiring maybe :)
    Waz, I'm not sure but I think Rabea Massaads's Custom Shop Tele has the same blender wiring.

He gets great tones in this vid, but I hear you...I often reach for the tone control, I use it more than the volume control on all guitars, I tend to keep volume fully up but am constantly fiddling with tone.

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2527
    Stone the crows! Outstanding work @Wazmeister ;, I love it. My recently purchased CS Tele has become my favourite guitar, I don't play the others...I'm even considering trading up to get another CS Tele, perhaps a blackguard to go with it! Your NGD isn't helping with that.

I hope you enjoy your new blackguard, I have Nachos book too, it's superb
    I haven't got the Nachos book - Roll on Christmas or Oct birthday 
    Lol.....another Reverb dreamer!

https://reverb.com/item/35400617-fender-telecaster-book-the-blackguard-by-nacho-banos
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15430
    tFB Trader
    Strat54 said:
    Stone the crows! Outstanding work @Wazmeister ;, I love it. My recently purchased CS Tele has become my favourite guitar, I don't play the others...I'm even considering trading up to get another CS Tele, perhaps a blackguard to go with it! Your NGD isn't helping with that.

I hope you enjoy your new blackguard, I have Nachos book too, it's superb
    I haven't got the Nachos book - Roll on Christmas or Oct birthday 
    Lol.....another Reverb dreamer!

https://reverb.com/item/35400617-fender-telecaster-book-the-blackguard-by-nacho-banos
    yes LOL
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3413
    Nice one, Waz.

Very nice guitar and write-up and OK. I'll let you off on the Alt-T and I can see why you did it :)

Enjoy yourself :)
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    Nice one. Happy NGD! Good find.

I have a similar CS tele nocaster (not broadcaster) take on the tele and not so heavy relic. Has a modern fretboard radius thought which I prefer. Plays and sounds superb so suspect your's is equally well setup.   Mine's got a really thick neck which works great for me.

Happy playing :)

• Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2336
    That looks just perfect.  Congrats.

It deserves nice brown leather strap perhaps 
  • Nice work! Looks inspiring to play!
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 4126
    Awesome. Love it, Waz. How did it fair at rehearsal?
    edited August 2020
    Lebarque said:
    Awesome. Love it, Waz. How did it fair at rehearsal?
    Thanks mate

Well, first thing of note is that I had no finger ache, or sore finger tips ! You know how it is when you haven't rehearsed for a while... The neck and feel and weight of the Broadcaster are perfect for me.

It has vintage wiring so I was kinda getting used to that, along with usual the Chase Bliss Automatone (my only pedal) into the Matchless. So, a lot of 'new' variables...

Negatives ? Well, Im not sure of the vintage wiring; love the blend aspect, but miss the tone control and the neck pick up sound Im used too.

The neck pick up, whilst we are talking about it, is very musical. Good for solos or for a change of colour; Im just used to more 'Stratty' neck pick ups, so thats down to me to adapt.

The bridge pick up is superb. Raucous Tele down to subtle acoustic sounds.
    Not too harsh, like say, a Nocaster bridge pick up could be.

There seems to be a better feel and balance on the volume knob too; it rolls back well, slowly and subtly.

Overall, Im absolutely delighted ! Looks the dogs, played effortlessly and once I settle on the wiring, it will be a joy to learn and use.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump of my own for @RandallFlagg ;

• Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 2136
    That's truly a thing of beauty. A triumph of design, form and function. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.