Pointy guitars

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Pro - fast necks and flat fretboards

Cons - if you don't look cool without one, you will look exponentially worse with it.  in my case, it's more helpful to imagine how a guitar would suit Peter Kay, not Satchel

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZ said:
    TTBZ said:
    sawyer said:
    I've a 1988 Charvel model 1 ,and it plays easier than any other guitar I've had. Played better than my PRS Custom 22 which was the deciding factor to sell it and keep the Charvel.
    I loved the neck on my old Charvel Model 1C! So effortless to play. Wish I'd kept that guitar. Quite fancy one of the single bridge humbucker versions. Mine was HSS which is probably my least favourite pickup config! The prices seem to have gone up a lot though, mine was under £200 but that was about 12 years ago.
    I do love Jackson & Charvel necks; don't think I've ever had one I didn't get on with. Even the super cheap JS32 Dinky that I had a couple of years ago had a really nice neck. As an added bonus, I've never played a guitar with such good top fret access as my Soloist 
    I recently played a San Dimas (I think) and was surprised at how big the neck felt. Not just wide but it was quite fat too. I found it a bit of an effort to play. Big fan of the Jackson necks though. I'm not a shredder at all but now find myself sat trawling eBay and reverb for Model 1 

Anyone played the super cheap Kramer Barretta Special? Specs seem pretty good for the money (mahogany body, maple neck), are the necks anything like Charvel or Jackson?
    I don't know about the Kramer, but the Squier Contemporary Active Strat I had last year had an almost identical neck to the Charvel San Dimas Style 2 that I had at the same time 
    I,ll second that , Squier contemporary  has a real san dimas feeling neck. I recently sold mine and my san dimas to get another soloist
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZ said:
    Does an SG count? I go through phases of thinking it looks ok then changing to thinking the "devil horns" look ridiculous and childish. Can't bloody stand ACDC either which is the first thing people associate with one. I originally wanted mine because of Ian Mackaye.
    From time to time, I find myself gassing for a Vibrola equipped SG. I blame Frank Zappa!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom