Has anybody started playing live again

What's Hot
BarneyBarney Frets: 627
Just wondering iff anybody has started playing indoor or outdoor bookings again and what volume levels and the turnout is like ect ...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16666
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 852
    edited August 2020
    Yep, we’ve done 2 outdoor gigs so far. Both at ‘normal’ volumes. Turnout for both (one charity event, one as part of a camping weekend) was really good. Social distancing followed pretty well, certainly in the first, the second one we had to remind them but all good fun. 

We’ve got another outdoor gig booked in a few weeks, in a marquee but in a pub garden this time. It’s the local of our singer so hoping for a reasonable turnout, but if it’s cold or wet, probably not. We have an indoor one a week later that was booked months ago but we’re not sure this will be going ahead yet.
  • vizviz Frets: 11041
    My daughter played at an event yesterday. Social distancing and masks for the crowd were being mandated. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 11014
    My step son played on Sat night in a pub garden and the week before inside a pub. Loads of pubs near me are back having regular live music outside but only some inside. Trouble is it's getting cold now, watching him on Sat night was freezing !
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • FezFez Frets: 577
    One in a pub garden charity event Two with the same organiser booked for September acoustic only so not full band.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    My sister played a "live" gig in Bannerman's in Edinburgh and the venue recorded it and now play it out over screens in the bar when people are in - they have done it with a number of bands - I still don't quite get how you can have pubs full of people - even if in small groups - but no live music (small group, isolated on a stage?)
    https://www.facebook.com/fiandthefunkrockers/videos/601986110677684

They have a paypal tips jar and punters in the pub can put some money in for bands they enjoy.
    I'll need to ask her how that's going but not sure what gig future is going to be like!

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3043
    Not only is he a killer guitarist with an infectious enthusiasm and a collection of tasty guitars, he’s also got quite the eye for a natty shirt !

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1316
    Just one gig last weekend. Outside, the pub has converted their car park to a performance area, very well organised and all properly socially distanced. Worked really well, good crowd (100+) and normal gig volume. Great while the weather holds but I can’t see it lasting through October.
  • smogfallssmogfalls Frets: 148
    edited August 2020
    Not as of yet, but we have our first indoor gig back at the beginning of October. The promoter had intended it for this coming weekend but postponed it due to fears that the venue hadn't met the requirements risk assessment wise.
    Anyway, all sorted now and tickets are selling quickly. The venue would normally hold over 100, but the seats are limited to just 50.
    We've done a couple of livestream gigs since lockdown, but we're really excited to get back to proper gigs again. I've missed it so much, and have felt like a different person since stopping! I used to gig every single weekend, so each weekend was full of travelling, meeting great people, playing for 2 hours a night. Suddenly to have it all stop was surreal! I hope we see a real resurgence of live music over the coming few months.
    My Youtube Channel - Vintage Jazz, Blues & Country lessons;

https://youtube.com/@alexfarranguitar

https://instagram.com/alexfarranguitar
  • dariusdarius Frets: 689
    Our regular gig pub is putting live stuff on outdoors undercover, but so far limiting it to one man and a laptop backing track. Turnout is low, which doesnt surprise me. No idea when the gigs around here are going to get back to full band loud party rock, which is very depressing. As above comment, I'm missing it big time.
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3804
    We've just been asked by one of our regular pubs if we're ready to gig again, indoors.  Apparantly they have the go ahead for live music as long as everyone is seated, so no dancing.  I'm not sure whether we should re-think the set list (we've dropped a few songs in the past because they weren't 'filling the dance floor', maybe now's their chance?).

I don't know where this 'ok to put on live music' has come from.  i.e. whether it's the pub's own interpretation of the rules or have they been told specifically by the local authority that it's ok.

Waiting on the date now.
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 924
    We have two gigs next month at a pub we play regularly. They have a covered and heated outdoor area where they put on gigs all year round. Punters will be seated and limited to 75 prebooked.

We've taken a few bookings for next year at indoor venues but who knows whether they'll go ahead?
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3434
    Had an outdoors gig for a private function on Sunday afternoon - loved it! So good to be out playing again.

Been booked for a few indoors gigs in October, but we're going to see what happens with the inevitable before getting too excited about them...
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • TeflonTeflon Frets: 229
    I played live last week for the first time in my life - absolutely terryfying  :s. Our local "Shadows" club has just re-started and I decided to step up and have a go. No dancing, social distancing at the bar, and a revised table layout with a one way system in place. Will take a little getting used to, but it's great to have the club back.