NGretschD

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6232
    Happy NGD.

Great pic's by the way, next time I have a guitar to sell, can I send it to you for the photo shoot?   :)

All toys, I mean serious instruments are welcome in the playground here :3

brooom said:
    TheMarlin said:
    This guitar is currently on sabbatical at Marlin Towers. 

With all due respect, those that owned this before @dazzajl, you all are frinkin batshitcrazy for selling this thing. It’s a phenomenal guitar and (even though I have a Masterbuilt Gretsch in the house) it’s the best Gretsch I’ve had my hands on. Stunning build quality and attention to detail,  wonderful neck, just the feel in the hands is worth the price of admission. 

It’s not as raw and visceral as my Annie, but I like that. It’s it’s own thing.  Plus, when you really wind it up to neighbours threatening levels, it’s glorious.  

I saw the Stray Cats in Birminghsm on the last tour. Seltzer is a fantastic effortless player, with a few Gretsches to choose from. All his Hot Rods sound lovely, but the guitar that steals the show is his 59 6120 (it’s believe to be a 1960 model, but let’s not pick holes)... it’s not as loud as his newer Hot Rods, the pickups are not as hot, but boy does that guitar sound fantastic.  It’s not raspy, but has superb complexity of tone, and better pick dynamics than the newer models. 

Less powerful pickup gives you better tone at those kinda volumes (which I can cheat at home with my nut-job 5E3). 

This guitar is stunning. I’ve rarely lusted after a guitar more. 

Hi Marlin,

I'm super happy to know that you bought it, as I know you're a big Gretsch fan. So it really ended up in the right hands.

As you know this was originally my guitar (I bought it brand new, from a dealer in Portugal). I praised it for a long time here in the forum, and stated many times that it was in no way inferior to my two Stephen Stern Masterbuilt Gretsches.

The only reason I sold it, was because I needed (and still need) to downsize my gear, and that one was the last one in.

I really gain nothing by praising that guitar, as I'm no longer selling it, but it was that good. As great as my 59 Penguin Masterbuilt or my 59 Sparkle jet masterbuilt for sure.

Enjoy it, it's a stunning instrument.
    No no no no no........

I'm not letting go of it at all. It's just taking a holiday with Uncle Marl 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1193
    Ohhhh, I misunderstood completely... Are you sure you're getting it back though?  ;)

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8499
    brooom said:
    Ohhhh, I misunderstood completely... Are you sure you're getting it back though?  ;)

One day, it will be mine!  MuuaahhhahahahHa!!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6232
    TheMarlin said:
    brooom said:

One day, it will be mine!  MuuaahhhahahahHa!!!
    I think we both know that's probably true. It's really far too classy and refined for the likes of me :3
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8499
    You do yourself a disservice sir!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1193
    If you ever get into a disagreement about it, just send it back my way. I won't let go of it this time.