Painter and decorator cost

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ^^ Norn Irn B&Qs etc. must be empty if you can get somebody in that cheaply. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have a local guy who works for £100 to £120 a day too in Cheshire
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10425
    Danny1969 said:
    just got a 3 bed house done for £800 + materials
    All rooms, covering dark painted walls
    In the north west

Is that all walls, ceilings and all doors, frames and skirting too or just the walls ? 
    everything, it's nearly done

the builder claims he would have done it for less btw
    That seems too cheap to me to do it properly, a 3 bedroom house generally has at least 6 rooms and a hallway. That comes in less that £120 a room for labour. We were getting £850 a house when I was painting for Bloors new builds 30 years ago. 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16109
    £80 a day around these parts
    You can't get a basic labourer onto a site for less than £115 per day in London and would have to pay £135 absolute minimum for a decorator on long term work as an employee..........any subcontractor or CIS scheme self employed wants £160.
      My brother in Law has a large building firm ;they usually need about 30 to 40 full time decorators ;they have been desperate to recruit for 5 months and simply cannot get people at £140 per day in London....they advertise on radio, facebook, community sites ,Evening Standard etc .
    The biggest problem they have is agencies who are short of staff and continually soliciting outside the big sites offering immediate £50 cash to sign on with them and guaranteed take home of £150 per day .They also offer £30 cash bonus for every workmate they can drag off a site to sign on with the agency ; This means that they must be putting these guys out for at least £250 per day to be worthwhile but a lot of the major house builders are so short of staff that they will pay it.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    ^^ Norn Irn B&Qs etc. must be empty if you can get somebody in that cheaply. 
    No you’d be surprised. We have a few local paint shops and one very good one. They’re always busy. The joiner who came to do some of our doors and trims only took £60 a day. Remember, a lot of folk around here only have mortgage repayments of say £200 a month. Totally different living experience and, for me, that equals a much more tranquil way of life. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16109
    Wow, decent second fix carpenter on site work in London is £220 per day