SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Old NAD 5120 Turntable Small price drop & additional info.

historyisjunkhistoryisjunk Frets: 500
edited July 2014 in Misc £
NAD 5120 Hi Fi turntable. Slight price drop & additional info.

As I recall it sounds fine, but the belt would not move properly to 45 RPM, & still doesn't I suspect this might be OK with some people if they just play albums, though it's still a fault. It is possible that I haven't threaded the belt through the shifting mechanism correctly or the belt needs to be replaced. I'm pretty sure this is a "new" one I got years ago to fix the problem. It has not been left on in tension, so hopefully still ok.

I can't test if it still plays OK as my Hi Fi stuff is all in storage, but it still runs & seems OK mechanically if that's any help.
It also has all the original packing & I will try to send in an outer box.

These seem to be quite well liked on the net as a "vintage" but definitely budget turntable, I'm sure it wasn't very expensive when new.
It belonged to a sorely missed mate & I won't be keeping any funds from the sale, anything over & above cost of carriage goes to a young people's mental health charity (Young Minds) & I will PM or email proof of donation.  On this basis too I can't really accept returns if you don't like it or find it's faulty.

Can also deliver or meet in Lothians.

Price inc carriage based on what I've seen on the web- £35  (If you think this is way off in either direction let me know)

I've reduced the price a bit as I've just read this-
Generally the decks hold their value well on ebay, perhaps partly due to the NAD brand, with the tubular arm models occurring more often than the flat arm. In the UK you can get an example for around £40-70 depending on condition. Indeed honest sellers often advertise them as non working due a number of common problems :

1. Speed selector not working. The selector doesn't cleanly nudge the belt to the correct part of the motor pulley
  2. Automatic function doesn't work. The Deck has a simple auto raise and turn off feature at the end of a side, this seems to work on some decks and not on others. Its nicely done and doesn't appear to interfere with the functioning of the arm either way
  3. Motor randomly turns either way. This is sometimes due to a bad phase capacitor. If the deck always turns the wrong way or has trouble holding speed, it could be a bad motor winding.

copied from- http://mr-ives.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/nad-5120-or-tesla-nc470.html

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom