Where to buy wood!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Timberline if you live local are really good and have used them loads of times over the years always so easy to tap and get a feel for the wood obviously not used online. 

David Dyke always gets a big thumbs up from everyone but I have not used as had Timberline 20 mins up the road. 

Recently Guitars & Wood Portugal 
    There deal on painter grade African Mahogany at 29.99 euro a slab is hard to beat for the upcoming. Ugly Sister project, seemed too good to turn down and the shipping was not bad across the Iberian peninsula to Spain. Quality seems fine especially as most of it will get routed out for these. Also did some Gabon Ebony fretboard and some rosewood and quality was good even on their standard grade. Wish they had a bigger selection to be honest. 

Also just threw caution to the wind and did some tops from Stew-Mac in their labour day sale. I bought the Stewmax membership this year as I wanted to get certain bits and pieces from them and to be honest the Flamed Claro Walnut and Big leaf maple was a decent price not sure in the UK where I could choose from 20 flamed Claro walnut tops and shipping with a few other bits was either free or 15 quid for express. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7033
    tFB Trader

Useful advice from this supplier on their £96 blank? Yes I will in future.

• CorvusCorvus Frets: 2926
    tFB Trader
    Who was that Steve? Always good to know such things but just now I'm working up a hefty (for me) order list.