Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Music room renovation

What's Hot

Comments

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11937

Tight squeeze that one!!
    I think you need to worry about overheating there, unless you have a fan running down the back of it

@ICBM, what do you reckon, would it be OK? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72467
    Looks fine to me. Plenty of space around the amps, they can't be tight back against the wall if the cables are plugged in, and the Diezels have vents in the front as well.

Orange didn't even put top vents in their 1970s amps. I've never been convinced they're a good idea - drinks going in through the top are more of a serious hazard than heat.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Yeah I think heat will be okay personally. Whenever I've run stacks like this in the past they've been fine, and there is more room behind the amps than you'd think.

Bye!

Yeah I think heat will be okay personally. Whenever I've run stacks like this in the past they've been fine, and there is more room behind the amps than you'd think.
    can air get in underneath from the front?
    where's the power and speaker cables going for the amps?
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2288

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah I think heat will be okay personally. Whenever I've run stacks like this in the past they've been fine, and there is more room behind the amps than you'd think.
    can air get in underneath from the front?
    There's a gap at the bottom, so yeah I'd say so.

There's a double plug socket just to the left of the amp stack. Then on the other side of the chimney breast, there is another shelf unit where the amp switcher will eventually sit, next to some pedals, loadbox, and my Kemper.

Bye!

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Should be fine... right up to the point you drop your phone down behind them :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hahaha! Good call!! I need to get a no phones sign :)

Bye!

• Pedal corner for now.

I've temporarily hooked up my VH4 to my cab, so I can bang out some riffs. Started a song today. I need a few bits of furniture to get everything properly setup, and I still need to sort my door, but fundamentally... I'm using the room for music making and it's great!

Have to give a shout-out to @Dominic whose knowledge on Acoustilay 15 pushed me down that path. And I have to say, it's very good stuff. The typical low subby rumble that comes through hollow timber ceilings into the rooms below?? Just doesn't happen. Most of the noise being heard currently is because I have no door on the room, and the downstairs living room door is a hollow POS. All will be addressed soon.

Bye!

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Where did you get the shelves pickle?

• Been banging out riffs all weekend. The neighbours seem quite happy with the sound levels, no complaints or anything!

I'm dead happy with how it has turned out! Best decision I've made to get this all done. Still need a door though!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The whole room looks really good - you did a really nice job. And those red acoustic panels are just boss. It's like Rothko for the working musician.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 986
    Congrats, enjoy it!

p.s. that skirting board we were talking about a week or so ago...I can’t even see any!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I know right! Might as well have not bothered!

Bye!

• Looks great. Would you not be better having the amps over at you desk though? 
  • Looks great. Would you not be better having the amps over at you desk though? 
    I've been thinking about that actually Dave. Instead of having a single stack, have two shorter ones. I'd need a slightly wider and deeper shelf unit for that though I think. It's certainly doable.

Bye!

• They do fit in there nice and tidy but I'm just thinking that if you're recording and want to do a bit of fine tuning you'll be going back and forward tweaking and listening. Maybe more convenient to have them within reach of the desk. You'll probably not know the best places for things until you start using it properly though I imagine. 
    It's a nice big room and you've done a cracking job. I'd be well chuffed  :)
  • @LastMantra ;

Yeah totally! Cheers! It's a great sanctuary for work and play. My wife is worried I'll never come out :lol:

Need to do the living room next to keep her happy too.

I think you may have a point about the amps... now I'm wondering if I just bite the bullet and get the slightly bigger shelf unit... divide it into two.... and have 2x2 shelving units.

Bye!