New Fender Japan Modern Strat

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3413
    edited November 2020
    I just wondered if anyone here had nabbed one of these as they're appealing more and more each day (just watched the latest Andertons's demo on them, too). I'm just interested to see what owners think but it could be too soon?

I'm thinking if it's a really good guitar that might benefit from some mods, throwing in a couple of Thornbuckers, a 5-way (this has a 3-way and no coil-tap options), and his special wiring could yield a really good, versatile superstrat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Tried one. Unsurprisingly, not my bag.

The neck profile wasn't my cup of tea and it also had that vile pallid matt/satin finish which Fender seem to love nowadays.

It feels like yet another case of Fender trying to win back players who have migrated to other manufacturers.

The format of the guitar is nothing new - there have been similar models across a range of brands since way back.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15276
    Fender trying to win back players who have migrated to other manufacturers.
    Especially ironic in this instance because FMIC owns the company whose core ideas it is cloning - Jackson/Charvel.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8630
    edited November 2020

Tried one. Unsurprisingly, not my bag.

The neck profile wasn't my cup of tea and it also had that vile pallid matt/satin finish which Fender seem to love nowadays.

It feels like yet another case of Fender trying to win back players who have migrated to other manufacturers.

The format of the guitar is nothing new - there have been similar models across a range of brands since way back.
    Give it 20 years and you’ll be on a road trip to nowhere to collect one! 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3413
    edited November 2020
    Kebabkid said:
    I just wondered if anyone here had nabbed one of these as they're appealing more and more each day (just watched the latest Andertons's demo on them, too). I'm just interested to see what owners think but it could be too soon?

I'm thinking if it's a really good guitar that might benefit from some mods, throwing in a couple of Thornbuckers, a 5-way (this has a 3-way and no coil-tap options), and his special wiring could yield a really good, versatile superstrat.
    So, you didn't like it then? :)