mesa TC-50 / TC-100 - view / opinions ?

What's Hot
darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
edited September 2020 in Amps
for the first time ever, a Mesa amp, the TC-50 or TC-100 has my attention, it sounds great, has great features, is a reasonable size, seems to manage multi-channel great, midi, attenuator etc etc etc, the list is endless, the visuals look good, and the price seems reasonable (good for a Mesa).

What's the catch ? who has the older version ? who's tried or researched the new/current version ? what' the thoughts on the different valve support.

I'm really interested in this amp, help educate me.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    I like the look of these too, they tick many boxes. 

And the fact that they are the go to amp for Jack at Peach’s guitar reviews speaks volumes. 
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    StefB said:
    I like the look of these too, they tick many boxes. 

And the fact that they are the go to amp for Jack at Peach’s guitar reviews speaks volumes. 
    I'd not realised they where Jack's amp of choice, another +1 from a nice player. 
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 635
    You aren't the only one sold on the spec. Like you I think they sound great and will cover a lot of ground. A TC-50 will definitely be my next amp once I've found sufficient money down the sofa. There aren't too many amps that have three channels, three EQs, attenuator and midi switching. 

The recent price cut due to shifting from Westside has eased the cost of them some what.
  • I had a 50 head. Bit too thin sounding for me- didn’t have it long.
    I had a 50 head. Bit too thin sounding for me- didn’t have it long.
    love to hear a bit more about this as I know your taste for amps, when you say thin, the EQ, the drive was lacking, care to expand, as on paper this is an amp I could use.

• spirit7spirit7 Frets: 338
    They look interesting but I didn’t see the appeal over a Mark series. 
  • darcym said:
    love to hear a bit more about this as I know your taste for amps, when you say thin, the EQ, the drive was lacking, care to expand, as on paper this is an amp I could use.

Not sure really. It just wasn’t fat enough! Clean was ok but it generally sounded underwhelming to me. I was really disappointed in it. Like I said I shifted it on sharpish!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    darcym said:

Not sure really. It just wasn’t fat enough! Clean was ok but it generally sounded underwhelming to me. I was really disappointed in it. Like I said I shifted it on sharpish!
    not the best review from a trusted source, going to have to play one now rather than buy blind, I wonder how much difference the 50 and 100w are 
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I be keen to hear your thoughts.
    is the reverb on these digtal ? or does it have an actual amp and tube in it to drive the reverb ? the docs on it seem a bit vague, there is a suggestion you can assign reverb to specific channels
  • "Lush, all-tube reverb" according to the TC-100 manual.