Omni Roast Coffee

What's Hot
Hi friends,

Has anyone here tried Omi Roasted Coffee before? Basically coffee that isn't specifically roasted for one type of brewing? I drink both espresso and V60 at home and currently haven't found a good blend that does them both well. Currently I'm using quite a dark roast which is great for espresso, and alright for V60 but it could taste so much better.

I know that I could just focus on one method of brewing more than the other, but I prefer black coffee brewed with a V60 whereas the wife prefers latte's with syrups.

I've only come across omni roast recently after a friend recommended it? Has anyone tried it and had good success?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It can be good, can be awful. What coffee did you have in mind?

How dark roast are you, what grinder do you use, what flavours do you enjoy? 

I generally like v60s on the more balanced, acidic, fruity, funky, floral flavours - Ethiopians, Guatemalans etc. For espresso, I liked a more chocolatey or fudge flavour - Colombian el suarez if single origin, but often I liked rave fudge blend. 

The rave Colombian is available as both a filter blend and espresso blend, so you could subscribe to get both and enjoy a cherry-cocoa filter with a more cocoa focused espresso from two different roast levels. 
  • Just noticed you said latte with syrup - coffee won't matter tbh, just get a cheap coffee like lavazza or illy for espresso, and enjoy yourself a range of nice single origins for filter :) 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Syrup in coffee?
    I'm outraged!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom