edited September 2020 in Off Topic
Freeview channel 11 on Saturday 26 Sept from 6-30 pm. Original post said Friday
Live at Pompei
PULSE Dark Side Live
Us + Them
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Chris.BChris.B Frets: 285
    That's my Friday night sorted - thanks for the heads-up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Typo- Should be Saturday 26 not Friday. Apologies for the error.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Thanks for that info.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    Thanks for that :). Almost forgot it was tonight and missed the start, but I've got Live At Pompeii anyway... looking forward to the other two!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Am I the only geek that noticed the Wem speaker cabs were 6 ohm?  Was that common back then?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    edited September 2020
    Chris.B said:
    Am I the only geek that noticed the Wem speaker cabs were 6 ohm?  Was that common back then?
    WEM are the only company I know of which used 6-ohm, 12-ohm, 24-ohm etc - which I think is because the early solid-state PA amps they made couldn't quite handle a 4-ohm load.

The Roger Waters show was fantastic - despite the lack of Gilmour, Mason, Wright and Dick Parry, and Water's occasional rambling, I thought it came over better than Pulse. True, I had actually seen the Waters gig for real (Glasgow, not Amsterdam), and the sheer scale of the Battersea Power Station set perhaps didn't come across as much as it did in reality, but if anything it just seemed slightly more musically impressive as well - actually tighter and more together. I'm sorry to say I briefly dozed off in the second half of Pulse...

The Wish You Were Here documentary on afterwards was very interesting too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks ICBM, I couldn't help noticing the large 6 ohm notation on the back of the cabinet and was curious. 

I'm the opposite re the Floyd and Waters films.  I thought that there was too much video footage of pain, anguish and politics - who wants to see Trump when out for a gig - not me.  That took the edge of the show and I enjoyed Pulse much more.  I fell asleep before the end of Waters!

I saw Roger Waters soon after he split from Floyd, on the Pros And Cons Of Hitchhiking tour. An excellent show, with Eric Clapton on guitar - unannounced until the usual naming of the band members towards the end of the show -  a superb gig with great sound even in the cavernous NEC Birmingham arena. 

The last Waters gig I saw was the Wall tour, another good gig, with a bit less of the anguish video projections.