NGD - Squier Bullet Mustang Competition Orange

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3221
    edited September 2020
    Ive just measured the depth of the switch cavity, its 30mm, Strat 5 way switch is 39mm...guess how thick the body is, yep! 39mm, dammit, I need to fit a five way switch.....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Increasing the switch cavity depth by 2 or 3mm would allow a Schaller Megaswitch to fit. (Remove slightly more if you intend to screen the cavity.)

Alternatively, any Schaller Megaswitch with the rectangular PCB could be cut down by two or three mm with no loss of function. Just don’t tear up the tracks.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • @WezV I've just been reading about your mods to your mustang, and I was wondering what you actually used to tint and oil the bare wood of the back of the neck and headstock? It does look good like that.

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/173196/wezv-q120-challenge/p1
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17497
    edited September 2020
    I usually start with a walnut or oak ish wood stain... something with brown and grey rather than too much yellow...  most of that gets rubbed off...I just want a hint in the grain. antique pine can give a nice amberish tint.  Oil will have been tru-oil i think.

I then sprayed an Amber when I got chance to do more finish work... but having a bit of "dirt" already in the grain really helps that look naturally aged
  • Okay thanks for the tips.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 779
    edited October 2020
    Thought I would post an update on mine. Got one of those pickguards from ebay and stuck a single coil in the neck. Always regretted selling my cobain mustang years ago, this is a nice tribute of sorts:

https://i.imgur.com/WinNsgR.jpg

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1092
    Eager to get one of these. Look like great fun.