Duchossoir Tele book

What's Hot
CorvusCorvus Frets: 3095
in Guitar tFB Trader
Anyone got/had that book, is it worth hunting down? I'm mainly after good pics, more than loads of text, sort of thing.
Looks like I may've picked up some work related to blackguard repros so thought it might be good.

Last time I saw the Nacho book for sale it was £bonkers. So that's out though it's probably the perfect thing

Ta.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8889
    tFB Trader
    I’ve got both and the Golden Age book. Tbh, if you had the golden age book and the Blackguard book you’d be pretty set.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74475
    I’ve got the Duchossoir book. I might consider parting with it, since I decided Teles probably aren’t really for me... much as I’d like them to be in some ways.

PM me if you’re interested.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10072
    Same as @icbm... I’ve got the Duchossoir Telcaster book which I was thinking of getting rid of. Let me know.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • My copy appears to be on permanent loan to my son, since he got a Tele....
  • 19831983 Frets: 29
    I’ve got both and the Golden Age book. Tbh, if you had the golden age book and the Blackguard book you’d be pretty set.
    +1 great photos on the Golden Age book. 

The duchossoir book has lots of good photos but a lot of them are black and white and low res. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8889
    tFB Trader
    1983 said:
    +1 great photos on the Golden Age book. 

The duchossoir book has lots of good photos but a lot of them are black and white and low res. 
    I found the Duchossoir book good to have anyway but there are better books available. Still, if you can pick up one easily then why not. For me, the Blackguard book is the one to have. It’s the best way of seeing a lot of varied examples of those old teles in one place 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74475
    HAL9000 said:
    Same as @icbm... I’ve got the Duchossoir Telcaster book which I was thinking of getting rid of. Let me know.
    You get the first go since I hadn’t actually been thinking about it until I saw this thread :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• CorvusCorvus Frets: 3095
    tFB Trader
    Thanks all, appreciated. Golden age book is on the way, PM coming to HAL9000, cheers.
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2527
    edited September 2020
    The Duchossoir book was great at the time, which was back in the 90's but now we know it not to be completely factually correct. Still worth having though as a general Tele book. 
    I'm a Fender book whore.....I have hundreds bought over the last 30 years. I'd ignore all those stupid Amazon prices, one of my favourites The Fender Telecaster by Dave Hunter is listed as £270.
    The Golden Age book is a bit lightweight. Amusingly its whole ethos is based on original guitars and much to Mr Foster's embarrassment it erroneously featured a fake Inca Silver Strat which was subsequently sold by Lucky Fret Guitars just before they HAD to close...oops. Seems the 'experts' get it wrong too! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The Nacho Baños Blackguard book is entirely dedicated to the earliest Fenders.

The Duchossoir book covers a longer time line. Even so, its publication in mid 1991 means that almost half of the lifespan of the Telecaster is not covered. 

In the Internet age, most of Duchossoir’s general historical info is widely available.

The USP of The Blackguard book is that the photographs and dimensional data are unavailable elsewhere. (For now.)

IMO, a pay-per-view, browsable online version of The Blackguard would make a mint.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.