Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Any experience with Bulldog pickups?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Hayden makes some of the best pickups around in my humble opinion. He's made several for me and and I've got his sweet 62s in both my strats as they do everything you need. He's a top guy and totally trustworthy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2374
    edited September 2020
    I've had a set of Bulldog Texas Floods in my Strat for the last decade and can confirm they are perfect in every way
    Thanks Hayden
    I’ve had a set in a levinson strat for a long time.  They’re great
  • I now have a set of Cool PAFs on order, so will update this reasonably soon :)
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Having received my set of pickups from @Van_Hayden , I can echo all the above :)

An absolute pleasure to deal with, great communication throughout to end up with something slightly customised from his standard set. Excellent attention to detail too, from really classy and secure packaging to little touches like little tabs on each pickup lead (in addition to the bottom of the baseplate) to identify each pickup with DCR reading, extra screws, etc.

Oh and the pickups sound great too. Very sweet, zero mud/boominess on the neck (which is not always a given with A2 magnets), nice bite on the bridge.

Overall very happy and will probably come back for more in future!
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3531
    edited October 2020
    I have a pair of their P90s in my Probett. Nicely made, good sounding pickups. I like these more than the original ones I had in a mid 60s SG which seemed kind of...meh. These seem more articulate and less...’floofy’.. than the SG was, it had no bite at all.

Having said that I still don’t love P90s (in general) so I’m going to change the bridge, most likely that’ll be to a humbucker so I can pile the gain on without too much noise. 
  • Having received my set of pickups from @Van_Hayden , I can echo all the above :)

An absolute pleasure to deal with, great communication throughout to end up with something slightly customised from his standard set. Excellent attention to detail too, from really classy and secure packaging to little touches like little tabs on each pickup lead (in addition to the bottom of the baseplate) to identify each pickup with DCR reading, extra screws, etc.

Oh and the pickups sound great too. Very sweet, zero mud/boominess on the neck (which is not always a given with A2 magnets), nice bite on the bridge.

Overall very happy and will probably come back for more in future!
    Thanks for letting me know Greg - hopefully I translated what you wanted into a pickup!

@Moe_Zambeek which Probett did you go for? I'm guessing a Rocket? 
  • @Van_Hayden yeah I have a Rocket 3, had it a few years now. Awesome guitar.
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 439
    edited October 2020
    @Moe_Zambeek HB & standard P90 or the alnico pole variant that Damian liked?

Got my Rocket III a few years back & its fantastic. 

Just in case anyone doesn’t know what we’re on about:

https://www.probettguitars.com/rocket-iii-1

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3531
    edited October 2020
    Mine has two regular P90s @Van_Hayden ;;

The lime green metallic on Damian’s page is mine.

I think maybe I should have gone with the rod mag variants...I have a Dearmond style here I might try.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4909

I used to have Sweet 62’s.  Ended up selling them but haven’t found any I like as much since, wish I’d have kept them.

https://youtu.be/2lsCKlI-Pyc
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 766
    I've had a set of sweet 62's in my partscaster for the last 8 years. No plans to replace them. Love them.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."