Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

new refin day! Aka third time lucky

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• The last incarnation is absolutely sick. Looks very professional to me. Nice work and some great figuring on the neck to boot!
    1979 Tokai TE-85
    1980 Tokai LS-80
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Love the look.
    Those tuners look brilliant.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20587
    Yep, definitely the blue is the one to keep. Very handsome guitar & that neck looks great.
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 733
    Looks cool!
  • I agree. It finally morphed into the better looker. 
    Great job  :)
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
  • That’s a beaut! Where did you get that neck?
  • MattNovakMattNovak Frets: 907
    vanlooy1 said:
    That’s a beaut! Where did you get that neck?

I've had it kicking around for ages; I *think* it's a Hosco. It came covered in really thick tinted poly, but that gone now and it sports a light nitro with a darker tint on the headstock face.

I also refinished this, I'll post pics when its put back together. I went for 'dark cola' which is sort of a metallic oxblood. Looks much better too (and is also it's third incarnation)

www.theflyingacesband.com
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74475
    The blue is by far the best - always my favourite type of colour for a Tele other than white blonde. The subtle flame in the neck is beautiful too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• MattNovak said:
    vanlooy1 said:

I've had it kicking around for ages; I *think* it's a Hosco. It came covered in really thick tinted poly, but that gone now and it sports a light nitro with a darker tint on the headstock face.

I also refinished this, I'll post pics when its put back together. I went for 'dark cola' which is sort of a metallic oxblood. Looks much better too (and is also it's third incarnation)

I remember you posting pictures of that before. I absolutely love it, I think it's one of the coolest-looking guitars I've ever seen
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• MattNovakMattNovak Frets: 907
    MattNovak said:
    vanlooy1 said:

I remember you posting pictures of that before. I absolutely love it, I think it's one of the coolest-looking guitars I've ever seen

Thats very kind, thanks! It needs a real Bigsby when funds allow. The new darker colour makes the binding stand out more and contrasts nicely against the natural back and sides, I'll try and get it re-assembled and post some pics this week

www.theflyingacesband.com