Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Buyer's market?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• mark123mark123 Frets: 1357
    I think it’s a buyers market on here only.

Most people (me included ) would much rather sell on here because the buyer is going to be one of us - for that reason we lower our prices until someone here is interested enough.

My Wilko tele didn’t get a sniff on here at a good price for weeks. Eventually rather than drop it further I put it on eBay at a higher price and it went within 24 hours and I could have probably priced it even higher.

This place used to be great for the above, you got X guitar at a lower than the going rate price, but if you didn't get on with it, it went back on here at the * same* price you bought it for to give someone else the chance/ deal to try it out.
     But the last year too many flippers and bedroom dealers are on here and snap them up ,then straight on facebook / gumtree/ reverb and flip them for profit...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3691
    mark123 said:
     But the last year too many flippers and bedroom dealers are on here and snap them up ,then straight on facebook / gumtree/ reverb and flip them for profit...
    Yeah, it's nice to have that sense of community regarding the condition of items here, but there's an open flow of items between this place and other classifieds and ebay/reverb. 
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3168
    Personally I've had issues trying to buy things. Lack of communication, pricing way high above market value etc

There seems to be a lot less on the market too unless you want a standard Strat or Les Paul
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 9121
    I find it's always a buyers' market until the precise scintilla of time when I decide I want to, you know, buy something, when it invariably flips to the converse.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dubberdubber Frets: 34
    I've seen evidence of a sellers market, I've been gazumped on one guitar, and had what I thought was a fair offer on another (based on reverb price guide and a bit of google searching) dismissed out of hand. 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8359
    I have a lovely relic 1960 CS Strat for sale at £2k. It's the cheapest in the world on Ebay and Reverb but still not sold.
    I think that's weird....
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManic said:
    I've read in various places the opinion that it is a buyer's market at the minute and will be for some time.

I'm wondering what hobby and professional sellers think about that? How are sales at the minute? I see a lot of guitars popping up on Ebay and the like but I don't see any change in prices.

Would it be a good time to buy from reputable establishments? Would there be some haggling room?
    I thought it was going to be when the whole corona stuff started but so far only got a good deal on a Fender Vaporizer amp and a MusicMan SUB 1.

:(
    Wer nicht für Freiheit sterben kann, der ist der Kette wert.
  • pjfpjf Frets: 347
    I’ve sold two custom shop Gibson Les Pauls in the past fortnight and made a considerable profit on what I paid for them Les than 12 months ago 

One thing I’ve noticed is that stores are offering extremely low prices on buy ins. GG offered me just £1500 for an R8 and Richtone just £1300 

Given that Richtone will sell a used R8 for around £2750 that’s a 95% mark up. But the liars told me they’d sell it on site for £2000. Complete BS
    111.5% mark up! Wow :open_mouth: 
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3457
    mbe said:
    I thought all gear prices has gone up and it is a seller's market? 
    I concur with that, thinking the demand is stronger with recent lockdown restrictions.
    https://guitar.com/news/industry-news/fender-sales-record-2020/