New build Explorer Finished

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mikem8634mikem8634 Frets: 382
    GSPBASSES said:
    Roland said:
    Nice work. It needs to stand on that sofa all weekend. It will make you smile every time you look at it.

Who is doing the finishing and assembly?
    A chap call Craig, he is a new member on the forum, hopefully we will see some pictures of the finished guitar.
    That would be me. Hi folks! First post on the forum.

I’m delighted with the work Graham has done. The pictures look great and I look forward to seeing it the flesh. (Thanks also to Dave for the recommendation/introduction.)

This will be the first guitar I’ve bought that hasn’t come pre-finished and assembled, so I’m currently scouring the internet and watching dozens of hours worth of advice on how to fill/finish burr tops to make sure I do Graham’s work justice. I’ll definitely share the results on here.

Welcome. Congrats on a fine bit of kit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • notquitecraignotquitecraig Frets: 10
    edited February 9
    Apologies for the very late post! This has been finished for a while now, but some time before that happened, and not long after I received it from Graham, my partner and I custom made a daughter. Naturally, she’s occupied most of our time ever since!

Nevertheless, I’ve been meaning to post a finished picture for ages.

Thanks again for your efforts, Graham. It’s a fantastic instrument!

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2351
    tFB Trader
    That really has turned out well!

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2530
    That looks brilliant :+1:
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1343
    Beautiful!
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    Fantastic work guys!
    Craig, what pickups are they? I love the covers and curious about the surrounds.
  • DiscoStu said:
    Fantastic work guys!
    Craig, what pickups are they? I love the covers and curious about the surrounds.
    The pickups are the ‘Cold Sweat’ set from Bare Knuckle Pickups with ‘camo’ covers and ‘burnt chrome’ pole screws. The surrounds are Anomaly ‘Modern Humbucker Surrounds’ (also bought from Bare Knuckle).
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    DiscoStu said:
    Fantastic work guys!
    The pickups are the ‘Cold Sweat’ set from Bare Knuckle Pickups with ‘camo’ covers and ‘burnt chrome’ pole screws. The surrounds are Anomaly ‘Modern Humbucker Surrounds’ (also bought from Bare Knuckle).
    Cool. They totally suit the figuring on the top.
    I should have worked out the pickup but not seen these surrounds before