YouTube recommendations ‘Guitar Pilgrim’

What's Hot
tone1tone1 Frets: 5320
edited October 2020 in Guitar
You've probably all got your favourites, but recently I’ve been really impressed with the GuitarPilgrim
I love his tone and he seemingly can play anything on his Strat....I thought you might like it too...

https://youtu.be/LmHHkh82qbw
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 625
    Enjoyed that...thks for posting
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7247
    edited October 2020
    Nice. Currently all over TheVibratory for incredible hendrix covers and jams. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5320
    And I have to say that I’m also loving @jonnyscaramanga ‘s Youtube channel, with fantastic quick fire solo lessons  :)

https://youtu.be/JYhbxS215L4
    ^^^ His videos are upsetting how effortless it looks when he does Extreme's Play With Me.

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5320
    soma1975 said:
    ^^^ His videos are upsetting how effortless it looks when he does Extreme's Play With Me.
    Trouble is, they both make me almost want to jack it all in....in a good way :s
  • tone1 said:
    soma1975 said:
    Trouble is, they both make me almost want to jack it all in....in a good way :s
    I am extremely flattered by this but the truth is I have to work stupidly hard to play like that. It's like anything in the guitar. I bet the first time you tried to play an open chord it seemed impossible, and now you make it look easy.

For years I thought shredding was just a gift some people had and I didn't. Then I got to work closely with some great players and I realised it wasn't easy for them either. They just put in the work. That inspired me that I could do the same, and after a lot of practising and frustration I'm now at a point where I can play some very hard stuff.

Also I don't usually post my balls-ups!
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2020
    Honestly mate it is inspirational. I have an idea of how much is required to get to that stage and frankly I don't have enough hours in the week to be able to dedicate to it but it is wonderful to see. 

Edit: it's the smiling while playing that really adds to it!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Have discovered GuitarPilgrim recently and I really like it. No-nonsense presentation (some of the more "affected" YT channels tend to turn me off a bit), clear but in-depth explanations, and great playing/tone.

His breakdown of the Mayer/Urban "Don't let me down" solos is awesome.
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom