A quite divisive CS strat

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    edited October 2020
    Based on Neapolitan ice cream apparently.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:
    I saw the tele version of this at Coda and I have to say I love it. I also love battenberg...
    Oh fucking hell, I wish you hadn't mentioned battenberg.  One of my favourite things in the world, but I haven't had it for 10 years because I'm diabetic....

Anyway, no strong feelings about the Strat.  I like the colours (but not the dark - rosewood? - neck).  The binding looks good but it would be super uncomfortable to play.
    I used to love the coconut battenburg , it was pink and I think Tesco sold it around 79 , it was to die for 
  • The fretboard looks almost like ebony ,so dark, it says it’s rosewood though.
      Really like this ,it does look like an aerodyne.
      I would want humbucker in the bridge.  One of those in a single coil package would be ideal.

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5694
    Is it a Thorton's Special Edition? Or maybe for dress-makers and ribbon-fanciers?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    That's not a pure bred 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20590
    Mudbloods in the Custom Shop?  :o
  • Looks a bit too new for my taste, I like the flat top but it's looks too stiff without the back curve. My CS Strat has a flat top and top binding, I don't even notice that it doesn't;t have the top arm curve. It's light though as it's hollow, at 6 1/2 lbs.

Blimey, that is light. I have a solid pine strat that's about 7 and a bit, and that's already very light! I have a thinline tele that's lighter but I sort of think the thinline strat is beautiful and if it has those belly carves on the back it's probably the most sling-able guitar that's not a prestige ibanez s-series. 
  • The fretboard looks almost like ebony ,so dark, it says it’s rosewood though.
      Really like this ,it does look like an aerodyne.
      I would want humbucker in the bridge.  One of those in a single coil package would be ideal.

Maybe dyed and lacquered?
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 625
    Love it. Lusted after it when it was first on the coda site about a year back. Nice to see a different variant on the strat theme and love the solid rw  neck. Still too much money for me though
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 10235
    Looks a bit too new for my taste, I like the flat top but it's looks too stiff without the back curve. My CS Strat has a flat top and top binding, I don't even notice that it doesn't;t have the top arm curve. It's light though as it's hollow, at 6 1/2 lbs.

That is possibly the sexiest strat I’ve ever seen
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2572
    It disappeared from Coda’s second hand page a few days back before appearing again. I wonder if someone bought then returned it under DSR?

I love the Tele, not as keen on the Strat though. Binding on the rear makes guitars too uncomfortable for me and while I love it on tops (especially on Teles) it doesn’t work with traditional Strat lines for me. Fine on slimmed down Suhr & Anderson styles but not on the usual Strat look. 
  • chris78 said:
    Looks a bit too new for my taste, I like the flat top but it's looks too stiff without the back curve. My CS Strat has a flat top and top binding, I don't even notice that it doesn't;t have the top arm curve. It's light though as it's hollow, at 6 1/2 lbs.

What he said! 
    The Swamp City Shakers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14265
    chris78 said:

What he said! 
    Thanks, I've been through many Strats but this one is something really special. It's limited edition NAMM 2018 special, not too many were made and the Ash top and body are super light and really, really nicely figured.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74482
    At least it isn’t a relic.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom