Value of a Fender Tele-Sonic?

Hello, 

Ive been on the search for one of these for a long time due to sentimental reasons and have no idea how much they are now worth! Could anyone with greater Fender knowledge contribute any information please? I know they were relatively scarce and came in a few finishes. 

Would really appreciate the help on this one as it would mean a lot to get one. 

Thanks in advance 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15262
    That was a mahogany-bodied thing with a wrapover bridge and De’Armond Dyna-Sonic single coil pickups, from roughly twenty years ago.

Google found a Reverb listing from Leeds retailer at £1299.

Knock off a percentage to estimate a realistic private sale valuation.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • That was a mahogany-bodied thing with a wrapover bridge and De’Armond Dyna-Sonic single coil pickups, from roughly twenty years ago.

Google found a Reverb listing from Leeds retailer at £1299.

Knock off a percentage to estimate a realistic private sale valuation.
    What kind of percentage would be realistic to take off? 10? Thanks for the help! 
  • There was one in a shop in Amersham for about £1200. I tried to get him down a bit but he wasn’t playing. It’s probably still there. Not really a shop you would associate custom shop fenders with
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15262
    Whatever the listing and final selling fees add up to plus, possibly, whatever the charges are for secure/insured electronic payment. 

The model is long-discontinued, relatively scarce worldwide and was not imported to the UK in vast numbers. Sellers will know this and, assuming the guitar(s) to be in good condition, will try it on price-wise. 

Have cash and haggle hard.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Thank you so much for the help. Think I’ve got a better idea of what I’m doing price wise now. 
  • EskiEski Frets: 35
    I’ve got one (but not selling).  Really nice guitar.  I have a search on eBay that is still in place from when I was looking for mine.  I think only a few have come up in the past few years - I’m pretty sure there’s one on there at the moment.  Current one is on for £1000 I think - more than I’d want to pay, having said that I think the one before that was on for more!!  I reckon you’re probably looking  at the thick end of £1000, just depends how much you want one I guess.
  • @Eski yeah I’ve seen that one and am tempted, but this is where I need the info so I’m just not squandering money away. I thought maybe grand would be the max for one, but having said I rarely see them come up so maybe the price has gone up too.