Allparts bullet guitar jack tightener

What's Hot
NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3457
Bought one. It's great. If you have any guitars that have jack sockets that work loose it is a godsend.

https://www.allparts.uk.com/products/bullettm-guitar-jack-tightener
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74482
    Neat. Looks easy to use.

Although I have developed my own methods... a taper reamer is perfect for holding the barrel while you tighten the nut with a spanner - doesn't work on a Strat admittedly since you can't get a spanner into the recess, but it's easy to take the jack plate off and hold the jack with a cloth while you use a socket to tighten the nut.

I also always fit shakeproof washers and use either threadlock or even superglue depending on how bombproof it needs to be - there's really no reason any jack should work loose if you do that. I did a whole school's worth of Strat copies a few years ago, all with broken jacks - fitted proper Switchcrafts, shakeproof washers, superglue and tightened them with a ratchet handle... not one has come loose despite the abuse they get.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 8089

I've got a filed and bent bit of fret wire if I need to hold a jack socket still for tightening (works on Strats too ;) ) but I've been meaning to upgrade to SS for a number of years as it bends if I try too hard :)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    I use a long rawlplug which expands inside the socket when I tighten a screw in the rawlplug.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20590
    Must confess, I have managed quite happily with serrated jaw needle nose pliers & a deep hex socket for many years.
    Never had any luck with guitar fettling though...
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3457
    Sassafras said:
    I use a long rawlplug which expands inside the socket when I tighten a screw in the rawlplug.
    That's what I did before. This works on the same principle but all in one handy tool.