Neural Quad Core thing demo

What's Hot

Comments

• The Helix has the easiest UI of any music based device I've ever used. I don't own one now but it was a breeze using the unit. Did you spend enough time getting used to it?

If you think that's bad don't get a FM3. The thing needs a Masters to use without the editor. But again, using it more will fix these issues. 
    I've been using the Helix for about 2 or 3 years now and had the HX Effects before that. I get so used to using the desktop editor that when I have to edit on the actual board I'm useless. That's why the QC's touchscreen appeals to me so much.
    I've had a go on Axe FX stuff before and it made my brain hurt. There's way too much going on there
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2911
    edited February 2021
    This thing is pretty much a direct rip off of the Helix, can't see how it's gonna be any easier apart from the touch screen!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Too early to tell if the profiling is better than the Kemper IMHO. None of the videos put out are really doing it very scientifically.

Bye!

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10276
    And there's even a recent video comparing the Kemper profiling to the NQC Capture and the person didn't do the refinement process in the Kemper presumably because he didn't want to make it unfair or something. Which makes no sense to me. 
  • WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited February 2021
    And there's even a recent video comparing the Kemper profiling to the NQC Capture and the person didn't do the refinement process in the Kemper presumably because he didn't want to make it unfair or something. Which makes no sense to me. 
    Yeah that was Rabea's video. He took it down and is redoing it.

The Kemper sounded so bad that I think something was wrong other than with the lack of refining. It had very little low-end, and sounded nothing like what I've gotten in the past using the Kemper. It's usually got too much low-end if anything!

Bye!

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Rhett has done both Kemper and NC capture in his video
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    It’ll be interesting to see how the capture compares to Kemper, if it’s not as good that’ll be a big setback for the QC, if it’s as good or better then this is looking more appealing all the time
  • Am I missing something or does the QC not have a looper function?

That’s pretty standard on all multi FX units at any price point now a days.
    edited February 2021

The Kemper sounded so bad that I think something was wrong other than with the lack of refining. It had very little low-end, and sounded nothing like what I've gotten in the past using the Kemper. It's usually got too much low-end if anything!
    I watched Rhett's video and the Quad Cortex capture definitely sounded better to me. I'd be interested to hear the .WAV files to compare them through my monitors, if I get a chance. 
  • kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1157
    edited February 2021
    Does this thing capture how the tone stack interacts on the pedals / amp being captured? 

If not then it’s as restricted as the Kemper is. Meaning you will have to trawl through endless captures to find one that works for you. In my case I never did find a profile on the Kemper that  I was entirely happy with.

I guess if you had the equipment to capture your own amps and pedals yourself it could be a godsend. As you could set the amps or pedals to your preferred sound.

I still think for me that the latest Fractal algorithms are the best and most accurate I’ve ever heard and played through. The recent firmware upgrade that tweaked the power amp modelling really nailed it. Plus it’s endlessly tweakable. So I’ll be sticking with Fractal for now.
  • And there's even a recent video comparing the Kemper profiling to the NQC Capture and the person didn't do the refinement process in the Kemper presumably because he didn't want to make it unfair or something. Which makes no sense to me. 

I watched Rhett's video and the Quad Cortex capture definitely sounded better to me. I'd be interested to hear the .WAV files to compare them through my monitors, if I get a chance. 
    I'm pretty sure it was discovered that he used different takes for each of them. Which means differences could be down to pick attack, volume pot differences, etc, reamp levels changing maybe.

I did think the Kemper sounded over-gained compared to the QC in his clip, and initially I thought QC sounded better too. But basically - I don't trust any of these fuckers to be impartial. Gotta wait until our guitarist gets his, and then we'll do a proper live studio thing where we compare the two units with a ton of amps. That's the hope anyway!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24621
    Does this thing capture how the tone stack interacts on the pedals / amp being captured? 

If not then it’s as restricted as the Kemper is. Meaning you will have to trawl through endless captures to find one that works for you. In my case I never did find a profile on the Kemper that  I was entirely happy with.

I guess if you had the equipment to capture your own amps and pedals yourself it could be a godsend. As you could set the amps or pedals to your preferred sound.

I still think for me that the latest Fractal algorithms are the best and most accurate I’ve ever heard and played through. The recent firmware upgrade that tweaked the power amp modelling really nailed it. Plus it’s endlessly tweakable. So I’ll be sticking with Fractal for now.
    Are Neural aiming for the Fractal though? The QC is about half the price of the AxeIII.

Are Neural aiming for the Fractal though? The QC is about half the price of the AxeIII.

But more expensive than the FM3. 
  • Surely by now we have reached the point where the sound quality is pretty even across all of the high end products with no discernible difference. I would think the UI and dimensions of the unit will start to be more of a deciding factor. 
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2191
    Surely by now we have reached the point where the sound quality is pretty even across all of the high end products with no discernible difference. I would think the UI and dimensions of the unit will start to be more of a deciding factor. 
    Agree mostly with this. And that’s where the QC has a big advantage IMO. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 995
    Jetfire said:
    Rhett has done both Kemper and NC capture in his video
    @Jetfire ;
    Heres Rhett's comparison WAV file link: 
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1otBIkL8ZoUKl-fkhMZlTzg9ObyixeTpY
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6917
    Paul Davids review seems less "influenced" - seems open and honest about its pros and cons, shows big gap when switching presets and clicks when changing scenes.

THE GAME CHANGER FOR GUITAR AMPS? // Neural DSP Quad Cortex (vs kemper) - YouTube
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Yeah those glitches during snapshot changes are wank.

Most devices have a gap between preset changes, but I'm 99.9% sure that the Helix is faster than that!!

Bye!

Most devices have a gap between preset changes, but I'm 99.9% sure that the Helix is faster than that!!
    ...I'm also pretty sure they swore blind it wouldn't do that when they were asked directly during the "hype" phase.
    <space for hire>

...I'm also pretty sure they swore blind it wouldn't do that when they were asked directly during the "hype" phase.
    I'm sure of that too.

Bye!