Talk to me about the JP6

I have been offered a trade for my les paul corsa rossa for a music man JP6 piezo model.

I have been interested in a piezo equipped guitar and have the prs se piezo hollowbody in my possession which I am enjoying

I know nothing about music man guitars and how to spot a fake. Not saying this one is fake but it's being offered as a 2018 model 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BowksBowks Frets: 446
    Got pics?

Send them my way and I'll be happy to have a look for you.

• chris78chris78 Frets: 10236
    I know nothing about music man, but dibs on the prs  ;)
  • Lovely guitars, amazing build quality and sound great.

I would however have a go before you trade, the neck is tiny both depth wise and width, plus has a really flat radius.

It’s definitely a love hate thing.
  • I assume value wise its a fair trade 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10590
    I've got one without the Piezo. It needed some work when I got it, but it's really a fantastic guitar. I absolutely love Musicman. If you're happy with the value of the trade the guitar is a much higher grade of instrument than a production line Gibson.

The trem is excellent, it stays in tune, even the G! Pickups are great, the neck is lovely, a bit slimmer than Les Paul Standards, similar to a Les Paul Modern. Nowhere near as skinny as something like a RG550 (Musicman have the best necks in the game imo), and these guitars can literally be used for everything and wouldn't look out of place at anything from a wedding band to a covers band. Very classy. And I assume the Piezo is a great option to have. 

I like them! How much was the Gibson new? 
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4081
    edited October 2020
    Just got a 2003 one of these, absolutely great guitar.

edit: No piezo on mine as I would never use it and kind of consider it just an extra thing to potentially go wrong.
  • In terms of actual guitar, the neck on the JP6 is to me an improvement, feel-wise. But value-wise, I’d sell your Les Paul and buy whatever you want. It’s quite a shift. And unless you really want piezo, that’s a waste of time/novelty. A non-piezo will routinely sell for around £1k. I have piezo on a custom build and it’s cool but I pretty much never use it. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • I had a 2005 model that I sold on here a few years back. 

Worst decision I ever made. I think it cost me 1100 new and to buy an equivalent now would be much, much more than that. 

Neck is thin as noted, but the quality is amazing. Trem is incredibly stable.