Show us your favourite pedal, please!

What's Hot
nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
Not sure if this thread already exists but thought it would be good to see a 'best of' type picture show to help bring out the GAS!

Post a pic of your (current) favourite pedal and a brief reason why . Cheers

Thought I'd kick things off with my latest acquisition, the Chase Bliss Audio - Warped Vinyl.
I've only had this for a few days but already it is leaving a great impression on me. I haven't even scratched the surface of what it has to offer, but it's one of the most inspiring pedals I've played. I don't know what the builder is bringing out next but I know it will probably be on my GAS list as soon as it's released if this is anything to go by!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    edited July 2014
    OMG, I saw that demo in Chicago Music exchange, it looks so complicated it blew my mind, SOOoooooooo many dip switches on the back !

Mine

JHS Colour Box.

It is boost, EQ, OD and even fuzz all in one.  I am still playing with all the knobs.  

No fancy wooden case like yours though, i am tempted to get it for the box alone! lol 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7560
    edited July 2014
    No pic as I'm on mobile, but still the electro harmonix Qtron.

The funkiest pedal ever, just put a vintage output pickup through it and you're in heaven. Reverse mode is underwater style - great funk!

Though I want to replace it with something a bit more bonkers with a better gain range.

Oh yeah, being a bonkers ehx pedal, it's quite massive and uses a 24V ac connection.

Bloody love it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 11041
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    edited July 2014 tFB Trader
    Liquid Sunshine MkII

The official favorite pedal of the forum. It's one of the only pedals that has stayed on my board for years and the reason is that despite being deceptively simple it's incredibly versatile. 

It's a low gain JFET based overdrive. It doesn't have a tone control because it doesn't need one, it's always just right. The two gain controls are very cool, one is very flat, dare I say it "transparent" gain and the second stage is more mid humped and TS like meaning you can get a huge variation of tones by combining them. The big knob for volume is genius as you can move it with your foot. I don't know why more people don't do it that way. 

The real magic of it is that it can be used as:
    A clean boost
    A device to make a spanky clean blackface amp sound like a slightly gritty tweedy amp
    A nice light tweedy OD into a clean channel. 
    An OD to push a dirty amp and tighten it up
    A "make your amp sound good with fuzz" pedal (if your amp hates fuzz pedals stack the fuzz into the LS and it will sound great.)
    A stacking OD (I've never found anything it doesn't play nice with)
    A bass or treble booster (via a couple of internal switches)

It's like a swiss army knife in a pedal and I've never found an amp, pedal or guitar it doesn't get on with and enhance.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2461
    ^ Right so now I have GAS for that too :))
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    edited July 2014
    Do we know who JHS ripped off for that one yet?

I'm pretty sure that my favorite pedal is the Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh that I just bought that is getting sent out to me Monday ;) 

Other than that it has to be my Malekko 600B. Super clean sounding analogue BBD delay with just the right amount of modulation and repeat distortion. It has a great sounding buffer or you can run it TB. Has an expression pedal out and stereo wet outputs. All in the size of an MXR.

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6375
    Mine is this BB clone that I built: Simply the best sounding overdrive I have ever used.

Based on the following design, but had to use multiple resistor in series and capacitors in parallel to achieve the correct values...and somehow it seems to have given the pedal more mojo.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10103
    edited July 2014
    The brilliant, fun Kilobyte.... One of only 20, I believe, and i imported it from the USA. Great analogue, inspirational pedal.

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Warren3333/Caroline Kilobyte/Kilobyte2.jpg http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Warren3333/Caroline Kilobyte/Kilobyte1.jpg

• dindudedindude Frets: 8629
    edited July 2014
    Could be anything on my current board as they've all earned their space but I'm going to pick on the Whirlwind Orange Box.

Love a bit of phase and have had a small stone 3 times, great organic sound and would love to make it work but the volume drop (yes even on the nano version), that it often doesn't play well with other pedals, and EHX noise and piss poor build quality makes it a no go. Surprisingly few "boutique" versions that fix these issues too.

Have had a few MXR variations and never got on with them tone wise, and the tone suck on most is unforgivable.

Enter the Orange Box, based on the phase 90, including the one knob simplicity, but is very quiet, true bypass, good build, PERFECT volume when engaged, I.e no volume difference! And just sounds lovely and liquid and organic on clean, dirty and heavy drive sounds. Doesn't go as low down and dirty as a small stone which was an initial disappointment but now I've come to realise it just makes it more usable for more of the time. I have this pedal on to add a little "something" way too often.

Great, unpretentious pedal.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Without question it has to be this:

Not necessarily my most indispensable pedal, but certainly my favourite one. The best (for me) tremolo, plus the gorgeous stereo panning option. Live or studio- and I have to say that I have never come across the ticking noise that some people claim for this pedal.
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    Finest fuzz ive ever played.photo MKII-1S.jpg
    Stunningly good!!!

Ive also got a custom colour VL effects od-1 on order so could be a close call between the two.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2161
    edited July 2014
    Im still in love with my Goosoniqueworx 7thvn. Its a great pedal, the most amp in a box Ive heard perhaps? http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8090/8523273183_7c847b0320.jpg
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    The best pedal known to all of mankind. photo ratandradial002.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34318
    edited July 2014
    Ibanez OT10.
    One better- here is a video I made about it.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7406
    edited July 2014
    PROEL DS10 - what this pedal <CAN'T> do for your sound isn't worth mentioning...! 

(it has hidden qualities nothing to do with Distortion by the way!)
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

=))
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74470
    timmysoft said:
    The best pedal known to all of mankind. 

[Some sort of genetically modified Rat]
    The blue LED spoils it. It looks much more evil with the original red one.

Mine would be my #2, probably.

Behind one of these…

Best distortion pedal ever.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2161
    I used to have one of them, there all over the Swervedriver albums. I sold mine on in the end, it wasn't my sound I guess
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    I have two favourites (the other is a Tech 21 TRI-AC), but this Juansolo one is a bit more interesting to look at:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5528/9517345728_9e9ceb18ce.jpg
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tbmtbm Frets: 586

OMG, I saw that demo in Chicago Music exchange, it looks so complicated it blew my mind, SOOoooooooo many dip switches on the back !

Mine

JHS Colour Box.

It is boost, EQ, OD and even fuzz all in one.  I am still playing with all the knobs.  

No fancy wooden case like yours though, i am tempted to get it for the box alone! lol 

I've seen a few demos and I would fecking love one of those bad boys.

I've no pic to hand, but my favourite pedal is a Zvex Super Hard-On I've owned for about 10 years. Yes it's expeensive for such a simple pedal but I've played many SHO clones down the years and none of them sound as good. There's isn't a guitar or amp that can't be improved by this pedal. I actually picked up a Super Duper 2-in-1 earlier this year, which is a brilliant unit too, but the SHO gets the vote here as it's been with me so long, never let me down and I've changed the battery twice.

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.