Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NGD: Fender Vintera Road Worn Tele, Lake Placid Blue

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    Very nice and congrats. I'd have returned it though in view of all that damage!  =)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Js24 said:
    Hey @chrisj1602 - thanks for uploading lots of pics! I'm not usually a roadworn guy at all, but your guitar looks great.

I've really wanted to get my hands on a nitro finished Lake Placid Blue Tele for a while, and I managed to stumble across a crazy deal for a new one of these the other day,  and I couldn't say no! Unfortunately I've still got a couple of months before the shop gets stock from Fender, but really looking forward to it turning up and keeping my Jazzmaster company.

Anyway, how are you getting on with it a couple of months down the line? Made any real changes to the guitar? How's the pickups/wiring?

I was originally thinking I'd definitely swap the guard for a white one, but the more I see pics of it with the black guard, the more it grows on me...

Anyway, congrats on the guitar!
    I’m still really happy with, changes yet! I might change the pickups to something more to my taste at some point but the stock pickups are good. It plays great, love the feel of worn neck, and it’s a nice weight.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Js24Js24 Frets: 7
    Js24 said:
    Hey @chrisj1602 - thanks for uploading lots of pics! I'm not usually a roadworn guy at all, but your guitar looks great.

I've really wanted to get my hands on a nitro finished Lake Placid Blue Tele for a while, and I managed to stumble across a crazy deal for a new one of these the other day,  and I couldn't say no! Unfortunately I've still got a couple of months before the shop gets stock from Fender, but really looking forward to it turning up and keeping my Jazzmaster company.

Anyway, how are you getting on with it a couple of months down the line? Made any real changes to the guitar? How's the pickups/wiring?

I was originally thinking I'd definitely swap the guard for a white one, but the more I see pics of it with the black guard, the more it grows on me...

Anyway, congrats on the guitar!
    I’m still really happy with, changes yet! I might change the pickups to something more to my taste at some point but the stock pickups are good. It plays great, love the feel of worn neck, and it’s a nice weight.
    Awesome, that's great to hear! I haven't found too much out there, but what I have found has all been positive. 

Ironically I was in the middle of getting ready for a partscaster build, so I actually have a set of pickups and a 5 way wiring loom on order from Monty's guitars... kind of conflicted on what to do with that order now!

Anyway, keep enjoying it and I'm looking forward to joining the Roadworn Vintera Tele club early next year :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom