Another JoBo sig - Epi Black Beauty LPC

What's Hot
Looks like JoBo has another signature coming out, and this one seems quite tasty. I’d have rather seen a two-pickup version but still, it’s lovely:

More details here:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1847
    Yeah it looks good. There’s a video of him playing it next to the Gibson version and it sounds very close.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    Indeed that looks very tasty. I got to play an original black beauty about 20 years ago, when they were only worth silly money, and it was easily the loveliest looking, playing and sounding guitar I have ever payed my mucky paws on. Even if that epi is only half the way there then that’s going to be pretty damn exceptional value. 
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 779
    Been waiting for these to drop for a while. I dont need it but have been really tempted the last few days. I'd love to slap a bigsby on it too, my only chance of owning a black beauty 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah im tempted by one of these too, i read somewhere they have a long neck tenon too!?
    Yeah im tempted by one of these too, i read somewhere they have a long neck tenon too!?
    I read that. Orange drop capacitors and cts pots as per some of the other range. Tuners are unique to the model. A nice case. Ebony board. Trying to talk myself out of it, but I think this is as nice as Gibson are going to let an Epiphone get. 

The Gibson Black Beauty is around £5200 these days?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1080
    They look good with the headstock in the expected shape. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1847
    Gerz6558 said:
    Yeah im tempted by one of these too, i read somewhere they have a long neck tenon too!?
    I read that. Orange drop capacitors and cts pots as per some of the other range. Tuners are unique to the model. A nice case. Ebony board. Trying to talk myself out of it, but I think this is as nice as Gibson are going to let an Epiphone get. 

The Gibson Black Beauty is around £5200 these days?
    The latest 2 pickup model (9 hole weight relief) is £3999
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3592
    edited October 2020
    Looks like JoBo has another signature coming out, and this one seems quite tasty. I’d have rather seen a two-pickup version but still, it’s lovely:
    The 2 pickup one is basically the Bjorn Gellote one, well that one came with EMG's not PAF's.

The Epi one in the video sounds pretty good though, not a bad price as well.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7247
    Just take the Les Paul off the name and rename it the Jobo ffs. He's got his name on every other one as it is.  
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4165
    I wouldn’t buy it because it’s a JB model, but I would buy it because appears to be very nice Les Paul with decent specs, and the Gibson equivalent is ludicrously priced.
  • I prefer the custom pro as the middle humbucker would get in my way but it’s lovely besides that
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    edited October 2020
    About 5 years ago I saw this video and fell in love with this, I could never afford or justify a Gibson but this Epi I could and it’s close enough!

pa my brother in law went to CME and played this very guitar for an hour in a booth and he said it was amazing.

https://youtu.be/I-A7g2Xw-cI
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks like JoBo has another signature coming out, and this one seems quite tasty. I’d have rather seen a two-pickup version but still, it’s lovely:
    The 2 pickup one is basically the Bjorn Gellote one, well that one came with EMG's not PAF's.

The Epi one in the video sounds pretty good though, not a bad price as well.
    I had that one, it was great. It’d be nice to see an update with the new headstock shape though, and passive pickups.

I’m secretly hoping for an Epi version of the Adam Jones sig. silverburst, but that doesn’t feel very likely unfortunately. :(
  • I kind of wanted one of Bonamassa's Amos Flying V's but they're quite hard to find these days. Apparently these had no veneer on the body unlike the regular Epi flying V. I think JoBo usually makes sure his signature guitars have good specs so im very tempted. Just seen the waiting time is nearly 20 weeks! Suppose It'll give me time to save. 
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 921
    I have a real one (well, 90s Historic), and still find myself hankering after one of these as a stunt-double!
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    I think I've talked myself back from the brink. I dont need the yellowed binding and the third pickup. I think the regular custom isnt too far off and can wait for one of those used. I know it's a different neck profile but it's more or less there.

I'll probably end up pre ordering this by midnight all the same  :#
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 3001
    I had that one, it was great. It’d be nice to see an update with the new headstock shape though, and passive pickups.

I’m secretly hoping for an Epi version of the Adam Jones sig. silverburst, but that doesn’t feel very likely unfortunately. :(
    If they did an Adam Jones silverburst and did it properly I would definitely buy that straight away! Love a good silverburst custom. Knowing Epiphone though they'll fuck it up and do an awful edge burst with no fade, rather than a nice smooth fade teardrop burst.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2413
    Depends on what the QC is like. My LP Tribute was less than this, and my Standard SG was only a little bit more (both new). 
  • Didn't epiphone used to do something very similar for 349 about 5 years ago?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Didn't epiphone used to do something very similar for 349 about 5 years ago?
    The price for the older headstock versions crept up to the 500 range before they were discontinued. Most of those didnt have ebony fretboards. More desirable features like the ebony fretboard, long neck tenon and cts pots have been added to this new line.

I've read that the fretwork has been patchy though on some of the new models, which I think is especially an issue on a guitar over £700. Hope they iron those sorts of issues out.