Jaguar related question

Hey

ive a pro am jag , and am about to land one of the parallel universe jag/strats
as fender say the longer scal length neck is basically a pro am cut, I wondered if I could swap necks 
I suspect the pocket is the correct size , but wondered on the pickup location and set up requirements and if it is possible , 

thanks in advance for any input 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15261
    edited October 2021
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28744
    I'd be worried about the bridge location relative to the neck pocket. A Jazzmaster and Strat have the same overall geometry, so you can switch necks on those. Jags have a shorter scale but also a slightly relocated bridge, so you can't just put a Strat/JM neck on a Jag body and make it work. 

I don't know about this specific model for certain but I'd be amazed if they weren't using Strat/JM geometry for the neck.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74470
    The Parallel Universe one is really just a Strat with different hardware, so the neck won’t be compatible with a Jaguar body.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Excellent , it was a punt , as thought , it’s not really viable , thanks for input confirming it guys 
    edited October 2021
  • moogie72moogie72 Frets: 78
    edited September 2021
    Bump 

ok I’m revisiting this .

as thinking on a neck swap.

if anyone can help with the rolling version of my original question 

parallel universe jag strat , strat body and neck yes , but jag hardwear. Thus the bridge is further back , I think As the trem is right back . 

So I’m wondering if I put a USA jag neck on , the pocket matches , etc

but I’m really clueless on the intonation side , on bridge location effect. And measurements 
    And if minimal could it be countered with a set up? 

Thanks 

Marc 
    edited October 2021
  • moogie72 said:
    parallel universe jag strat … I’m wondering if I put a USA jag neck on 
    USA Jaguar neck onto PU Jaguar Strat body will not work without modifications to the neck pocket and surrounding area.

What would work is a scale conversion neck. Unfortunately, nobody seems to offer off-the-peg 25½ to 24". It would be necessary to commission one.

Warmoth makes 25½ to 24¾" (Gibson) conversion necks but the "modern" construction features might not suit a guitar with 1960s cosmetic features.

The Parallel Universe Jaguar Strat is a discontinued, short-run, limited availabilty model. Keep it stock, sit back and watch its resale value increase.

Alternatively, sell the PUJS now to fund a bespoke Jaguar-type guitar with the features you require.
    Apparently they are the same measurements according to fender , same as putting a JM neck on .

im keeping the original neck , tbh it’s an experiment I want to work …not about value as I play it and love it , but I’d like to make it more jag esq , as there is no jag out there with 3 vintage pups…..one I’ve the best sounding I own 
  • moogie72 said:
    it’s an experiment I want to work  
    Uh-oh. 
  • moogie72 said:
    it’s an experiment I want to work  
    Uh-oh. 
    I don’t speak Neanderthal mate , if you have input, then positivity is the order of the day , 
    You know best.
  • The Jag neck will not work on the PU Strat Jag body. There's no point even trying. 
    If you want a three pickup Jag I'd either have the Am Pro routed out to accommodate one or go down the partscaster route and make your own.