Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

ex-name gear you've owned

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• ColsCols Frets: 7254
    Sold my WEM Copicat to Damon Minchella, bass player for Ocean Colour Scene, Paul Weller and Richard Ashcroft.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10762
    daveyh said:
    I used to have a Plexi that was supposedly once Jake E Lees.
    You should write to him and ask him. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2388
    Adey said:

I've got a Lzzy Hale Epiphone Explorer played by Lzzy Hale at Ally Pally last year.

I won it in a Planet Rock competition!

This is Lzzy playing the guitar I was handed at the end of the gig

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1361
    edited October 2020
    Pino Palladino's guitar cable.

A mate snagged it for me when he roadied for Paul Young in the eighties. Super long, I used to be able to walk infront of the stage during soundchecks to get an idea of our live mix.
    I had Pino's 79 back up fretless Stingray until last year.
    Unfortunately, owning it didn't make me sound like him. Maybe if I'd had the cable.........
    https://i.imgur.com/gQtjngV.jpg
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8220
    Just remembered that I bought my 345 off Mike Embley, a presenter on BBC World News. Thoroughly lovely bloke too.

Surely I win this thread...?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Hattigol said:
    Just remembered that I bought my 345 off Mike Embley, a presenter on BBC World News. Thoroughly lovely bloke too.

Makes me wonder how many 'well known' people are guitar players. I guess the most notable is Johnny Depp, Steven Seagal, Jason Momoa
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12487
    Hattigol said:

Makes me wonder how many 'well known' people are guitar players. I guess the most notable is Johnny Depp, Steven Seagal, Jason Momoa
    Kiefer Sutherland. Damon Hill. The guy who played Hodor in Game of Thrones. Lloyd Grossman. I’m sure there’s plenty more. 
  • mikem8634mikem8634 Frets: 382
    boogieman said:
    Hattigol said:

Kiefer Sutherland. Damon Hill. The guy who played Hodor in Game of Thrones. Lloyd Grossman. I’m sure there’s plenty more. 

Stephen King

• One of my first eBay purchases was a Boss PSM that belonged to someone in Steppenwolf. I assume some 1980s or 1990s lineup as I've long since forgotten the name.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16337
    mikem8634 said:
    boogieman said:
    Hattigol said:

Stephen King

...and oddly enough the late James Herbert. 

Top tv writer Allan Cubitt. 

Alleged comedian Russell Howard owns a bunch of guitars although doesn’t play. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1700
    Jetfire said:
    I once owned an Ibanez LACS made for Ralph Santolla who was in Death at the time. It appeared in a video and an Ibanez Sound tank pedal advert
    Fancy!

LACS would be a nice thing to own. Was it noticeably nicer than a normal Japanese one? 
    Nope, sadly not. Apparently, when I was trying to sell it on , Ralph claimed somewhere that it has some super rare Dimarzios in it which turned out to be lies.  Essentially, it was a tarted up RG with reverse head stock and some fancy paint. Traded a mesa boogie for it and sold it for a price I was happy with in the end.
  • jeztone2 said:
    I used to borrow an amp. Weirdly enough another Marshall 6100, at a rehearsal place in Brixton that belonged to Bic Hayes (Levitation/Dark Star). Oh and I sold Jonas Hellborg a distortion pedal. 
    I saw him use that amp on Jools Holland, that thing sounded great. 
  • I own Roland Orzabal from years for fears Mesa boogie Mark 3 green stripe combo, it’s a great amp. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10762

Alleged comedian Russell Howard 

Lol
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    mikem8634 said:
    boogieman said:
    Hattigol said:

Stephen King

...and oddly enough the late James Herbert. 

Top tv writer Allan Cubitt. 

Alleged comedian Russell Howard owns a bunch of guitars although doesn’t play. 
    Don’t forget Richard Gere. An insane collection. 
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1505
    My 1952 Les Paul conversion is on the cover of Atlantic Blues Guitar.  
    Atlantic Blues Guitar 1986 CD  Discogs
    However I don't know who owned it and also know that they borrowed it for the shoot.  Here's the guitar and you can see the figuring in the grain (I've changed the pickups too):

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BarriveeBarrivee Frets: 100
    edited October 2020
    I have Jeff Rich’s drum kit (Quo) and Brendan O’Neill’s ride cymbal (Rory Gallagher). I used to own a Simon Phillips snare. I also played, and tried to steal, a John Bonham snare a few years ago. 
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2631
    PhilKing said:
    My 1952 Les Paul conversion is on the cover of Atlantic Blues Guitar.  
    Atlantic Blues Guitar 1986 CD  Discogs
    However I don't know who owned it and also know that they borrowed it for the shoot.  Here's the guitar and you can see the figuring in the grain (I've changed the pickups too):

I see you've moved the switch up to the neck position as well.  Clever mod, that.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom