Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NGD: Charvel goodness! (or: How early is too early to be considering a refin?)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15276
    That shade of green looks best with a bright white pickguard. (B/W/B to be precise. None of that mint green fake ageing nonsense.)

For maximum attitude, add Billy Sheehan style “thumbnail” fingerboard position marker stickers.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh man it's stunning.

If you love the guitar, have it refinished. Resale doesn't matter if you don't sell :) and swirling isn't terribly difficult (I've done it using marble magic, but didn't prep well or use a good lacquer etc so it was a bit shit in the end!). 

Or, you could see if the dots can be replaced with matching colour :smile: that would look ace. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74493
    That shade of green looks best with a bright white pickguard. (B/W/B to be precise.
    I disagree... you’re missing a layer ;).

White pearl, like the Tom Delonge Strat.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I like the colour, but if you don’t, and you’d be happier if it was just a different finish, then why not...
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• did somebody say crazy swirl Charvel??

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• Beautiful guitar , I don’t mind the specific ocean , but I would much prefer a neon pink plus whatever color swirl , this type of guitar is crying out for such treatment  I think it would enhance it greatly 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25566
    Lovely colour.

Why not try some easily removable water slide decals for a while to see if you like that?

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd