Fedex from America

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Whitecat said:
    I just had a look and I don't think I've ever received a DHL parcel from outside the EU before so not sure what their procedure or clearance fee is... it does look like you will have to pay up front though before they will deliver. With any luck you will get a bill via email or text message as it's in transit (UPS does this now if they have your electronic contact details). Speeds up waiting for a letter that often comes 2nd class. Just pray that Customs doesn't intercept it for a random secondary inspection!
    I've had a phone call from DHL's own customs department (two actually because apparently the first one didn't write down my answer) asking if it was permanent or a temporary import. They said that was because taxes etc. don't have to be paid if it's temporary but they didn't mention anything about how I would have to pay. Think I might phone them back.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skikdi53skikdi53 Frets: 198
    With DHL, normaly they send you an email with the link to pay, and after that, you will receive your order.
    Just got a link by text message there to pay it, nice one.

I can see why they called me before - the description of the item says "guitar pa" with the word "parts" being truncated.

I'd imagine PA's are often imported temporarily for touring acts so that makes sense that they'd ask.

Wonder what ever happened to the first one.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25567
    Sometimes they will show "Delivered" when it reaches UK customs, particularly if a different courier is doing the final leg of the journey.

Most annoying!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

Sometimes they will show "Delivered" when it reaches UK customs, particularly if a different courier is doing the final leg of the journey.

Most annoying!
    The original one still just says "Pending" I wonder how long it can stay at that status before they look in to what's happened
    Also, no wonder customs are so overwhelmed when they're doing everything twice lol

Just a joke, I obviously just accepted that mistakes happen since I'm not a Karen
  • Fedex is the worst anytime I have ever had something come in from another country. They have their own customs clearance team that are terrible and want to get into the crazy minutia of what is in your parcel, want an EORI number etc etc. 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5636
    Fedex is the worst anytime I have ever had something come in from another country. They have their own customs clearance team that are terrible and want to get into the crazy minutia of what is in your parcel, want an EORI number etc etc. 
    Wow, never had that before and I get FedEx parcels fairly regularly. I would presume incorrect paperwork on the part of the shipper is the culprit for that. 
    thegummy said:

Most annoying!
    The original one still just says "Pending" I wonder how long it can stay at that status before they look in to what's happened
    https://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/nov/04/how-can-a-68-fedex-delivery-bill-suddenly-turn-into-a-massive-390
    Whitecat said:
    thegummy said:

Most annoying!
    https://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/nov/04/how-can-a-68-fedex-delivery-bill-suddenly-turn-into-a-massive-390
    I only read the question, not the answer, but wow that is so wrong.
    Happy to say the replacement arrived yesterday which is amazingly quick. I was tempted to use that delivery method in the future but I looked and it would be 74 quid lol.

Great service from StewMac though. I wonder what will ever happen to the first one.

All's well that ends well!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom