Nice Giveaway for my fellow musician friends out there.

What's Hot
AntonUkAntonUk Frets: 98
edited October 2020 in Guitar
Hi Everyone

I decided to do a little giveaway on my instagram! 

100% FREE

if you fancy winning a beautiful Epivo Strap (purple haze model, sold out for a long time) and a brand new set of Matt schofield Curt Mangan strings, follow this link and get on board!

The winner will be choosen randomly as soon 50 people are in! 

Good luck!

A

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LOL, am I actually watching YouTube right now?
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2554
    So you've joined the forum solely to use the marketplace and promote your social media? Hmm....
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AntonUkAntonUk Frets: 98
    timmypix said:
    So you've joined the forum solely to use the marketplace and promote your social media? Hmm....
    Not only my friend! i'm digging this great forum....  there are so many good topics, tips and source of knowledge....  glad my mate told me about it! :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 7024
    Thats a frosty reception! 

Welcome aboard. Hope you stick around, this place is a goldmine of knowledge :) 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    skunkwerx said:
    Thats a frosty reception! 

Welcome aboard. Hope you stick around, this place is a goldmine of knowledge  
    Thank you! :+1: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh no - I don't do Instagram...
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8360
    edited October 2020
    Welcome to the forum.

One thing though - your giveaway isn't actually free. '100% Free' means you get it for nothing. With this, you need to follow your Instagram account, follow your YouTube channel, comment on your Instagram post and tag 5 friends in it, none of which I can be bothered doing.

Some people may not be altogether thrilled with this. Just letting you know.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • Hattigol said:
    Welcome to the forum.

One thing though - your giveaway isn't actually free. 'Free' means you get it for nothing. With this, you need to follow your Instagram account, follow your YouTube channel, comment on your Instagram post and tag 5 friends in it, none of which I can be bothered doing.

Welcome to the forum. I did jump to IG and really don't mind following new accounts and have discovered a lot of cool content that way but the notion of having to tag 5 people feels quite spammy, so I opted not to. Just one perspective, I'm sure there are others happy to, especially if they have loads of guitar playing friends who wouldn't mind being tagged. I don't.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2020
    Hattigol said:
    Welcome to the forum.

One thing though - your giveaway isn't actually free. '100% Free' means you get it for nothing. With this, you need to follow your Instagram account, follow your YouTube channel, comment on your Instagram post and tag 5 friends in it, none of which I can be bothered doing.

ok, thanks for the feedback.I thought it would be a nice idea but it might be not for everyone indeed.
    In my opinion it's a free giveaway even i see what you mean
    edited October 2020
    Hattigol said:
    Welcome to the forum.

One thing though - your giveaway isn't actually free. 'Free' means you get it for nothing. With this, you need to follow your Instagram account, follow your YouTube channel, comment on your Instagram post and tag 5 friends in it, none of which I can be bothered doing.

Welcome to the forum. I did jump to IG and really don't mind following new accounts and have discovered a lot of cool content that way but the notion of having to tag 5 people feels quite spammy, so I opted not to. Just one perspective, I'm sure there are others happy to, especially if they have loads of guitar playing friends who wouldn't mind being tagged. I don't.
    thanks for the feedback. I do realise now it could have been done in a little different way, i agree... learning curve i guess   cheers
  • AntonUk said:
    Hattigol said:
    Welcome to the forum.

thanks for the feedback. I do realise now it could have been done in a little different way, i agree... learning curve i guess   cheers
    Sorry if my first reply was a bit sarcastic - I do realise you need to hustle a bit to grow social media channels. And I genuinely thought it was a bit of a hit and run, but clearly you're enjoying and looking to interact with the rest of the forum. Welcome!
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    I'm absolutely outraged that someone has got the temerity to give something away.
    Livid doesn't even begin to describe my feelings.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12886
    Sassafras said:
    I'm absolutely outraged that someone has got the temerity to give something away.
    Livid doesn't even begin to describe my feelings.
    No free lunch shocker...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    AntonUk said:
    Hattigol said:
    Welcome to the forum.

Sorry if my first reply was a bit sarcastic - I do realise you need to hustle a bit to grow social media channels. And I genuinely thought it was a bit of a hit and run, but clearly you're enjoying and looking to interact with the rest of the forum. Welcome!
    No worries & Thank you! :)
  • danny_777danny_777 Frets: 662
    AntonUk said:

ok, thanks for the feedback.I thought it would be a nice idea but it might be not for everyone indeed.
    In my opinion it's a free giveaway even i see what you mean
    I mean, you're paying for followers.

This is pure spam, nothing more. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7430
    Hattigol said:
    Welcome to the forum.

And it’s discrimination! I don’t have 5 friends to tag! Stop discriminating against the lonely!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6938
    @AntonUk ;

Have you look here please... these two pages are worth reading in detail if you want to understand how this forum works. 

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/23/introduce-yourself#latest

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/49019/thefretboard-rules-v2-0#latest

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12886
    mrkb said:
    Hattigol said:
    Welcome to the forum.

And it’s discrimination! I don’t have 5 friends to tag! Stop discriminating against the lonely!
    I'm your friend - even though you don't return my calls or acknowledge me in public...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5694
    mrkb said:

Just tag five people who've blocked you, it's way easier.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    merlin said:
    @AntonUk ;

Have you look here please... these two pages are worth reading in detail if you want to understand how this forum works. 

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/23/introduce-yourself#latest

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/49019/thefretboard-rules-v2-0#latest

i did it yesterday my friend! Thanks for the link though, appreciate. Cheers