Help needed wiring guitar please

kipplekipple Frets: 357
edited October 2020 in Making & Modding
I would like to use this type of wiring but I don't want the treble bleed.

Reason for choosing this diagram is my guitar currently has a Push pull pot and I want to go back to a 500k pot plus my Guitar already has the mini 3 way switch so I would prefer to use this type wiring as I don't want to change the switch

Can I just wire using the diagram and exclude the cap or does it need to be wired differently if I remove the cap, Can anyone advise please
 https://i.imgur.com/DPzqkEf.jpg
I put peoples heads in horse's beds

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    Treble *pass* ;).

If you don't want it, just leave out the cap.

You can use a 3-position mini-toggle as the pickup selector like that, but it must be an on-on-on not an on-off-on, and it's best to connect each of the pickup black wires to both sides of the switch, like the blue wire is.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• kipplekipple Frets: 357
    edited October 2020
    OK thanks very much. So do you mean the black wires need to go to the 2 lugs instead of just 1 like the blue wire in the diagram

Done it and it worked just fine 
    Thanks for the help

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    kipple said:

So do you mean the black wires need to go to the 2 lugs instead of just 1 like the blue wire in the diagram
    Yes. All it does is make both halves of the switch connect the pickup in either of the end positions, but it's worthwhile because that improves reliability and may slightly reduce switching noise - I always wire spare switch poles like this, it's worth the tiny amount of extra time it takes.

With this type of switch it also saves working out which way the offset is in the middle position :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Ok great,  it's worked anyways thanks.
    It makes such a difference to have someone  step in and help with accurate advice. I ok at painting by numbers approach with this type of stuff but crap at trying to figure it out on my own
    Cheers again