One for the vintage Tele pickup fans

What's Hot
AlegreeAlegree Frets: 670
in Guitar tFB Trader
If you noticed the previous instalment of these pickup releases (One for the PAF fans), then you'll be aware that we're releasing a number of affordable vintage style pickup designs. 

Today we bring the Old Timer Vintage 55 Tele set.

Plain enamel 42 AWG wire on the bridge, plain enamel 43 AWG on the neck as per all vintage Tele pickups. These wire insulations are far more expensive than the poly wire that you'll see almost exclusively on pickups at this price point, and also have a significant effect on the overall tone of the pickup. No pickup can be truly considered to be a vintage remake without the correct wire insulation.

Alnico 5 rods for maximum treble sizzle for a clear, open, bell-like neck tone and a cutting, twangy bridge.

£35 per pickup, £65 for a set
Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2481
    Wow! That’s excellent value.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice one Alex! Sadly the cirrostratus set in my Tele means the pickup hunt was over after just one try :)

I hope this new range is working well for you, great way to expand the business.
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
  • ben_wuhben_wuh Frets: 22
    This is exciting. Appreciate they're barely off the workshop bench, but is there any plans for soundclips in the future?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15275
    ben_wuh said:
    soundclips
    Tempted to suggest an Old Timer versus handwound comparison but that could harm sales. 

set in my Tele
    I still have my Tornado/Frigid Haze/Freeway combination but, sadly, not the guitar in which they were installed.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 670
    tFB Trader
    ben_wuh said:
    This is exciting. Appreciate they're barely off the workshop bench, but is there any plans for soundclips in the future?
    We're working with a large number of artists at the moment to bring clips/videos to demo pickup models in the near future.
  • rprrpr Frets: 318
    There's a severe lack of Bass replacement pickups in this price range.....just sayin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 670
    tFB Trader
    rpr said:
    There's a severe lack of Bass replacement pickups in this price range.....just sayin'
    We have a lot on the shelves not yet listed, what are you after?
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1822
    Nice move tired of Asian pickups all wound with the wrong wire.