GlarryT-style GTL mod into a 5 string G tuned keef machine

https://uk.glarrymusic.com/glarry-gtl-maple-fingerboard-electric-guitar-transparent-yellow-black-blue-sunset-p146.html
Thinking of getting a Glarry GTL T-style as I don't have a T-style guitar here, always wanted a 5string G-tuned guitar for Rolling Stones songs and other stuff, but really want a tele and these Glarry guitars look decent and don't cost much. Buying two at the same time is an option as they're so low in price, wondering if anyone else has built a 5-string from one of these, what's the best way to go about it, was thinking put an squire affinity tele neck on one of these bodies or buy a new neck from a kit guitar. Anyway its probably going to be Glarry that I get as they arrive faster than stuff from Germany as well I heard. Every colour actually looks good, even the sunburst.      

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1810
    I think it really depends on how far you want to go really you can just give it a good setup take the E string off and tune up. 

If you want to get closer to looking like the real thing you will need to relic it a good bit swap the standard tele bridge for a brass version which will cost you more than the guitar. Same with the pickups a decent PAF style humbucker and something like a broadcaster in the bridge will add up but if you are doing it on a budget then you will still get reasonable tone with cheaper pickups. 

Ultimately I started pricing up parts for a swamp Ash tele body I have laying around and doing it all was hitting 500-600 quid although that included buying nitro pain, a neck bridge tuners etct rather than amber poly varnish on the GLARY. 

Think I had the brass bridge down at 80-100 quid and ISTR they are not that common anymore. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom