coiled cable

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• blobbblobb Frets: 3273
    I like a good curly cable. Last one I had was Fender and was rubbish, now I'm using a Kirlin Premium which feels much better.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10389
    I have a fender white one and not noticed it's rubbish but then my playing is probably of a similar level of rubbish haha. Bit long though for home use and the coils aren't particularly keeping their shape. It's a pain in the arse to wrap up and store though so it stays plugged in all the time
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    edited October 2020
    I have a white Vox coiled cable which has been excellent and still going strong umpteen years later:

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/vox-vcc90-white/35979

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1591
    I use the Vox ones as well.  I also picked up a Lava cables one (https://www.lavacable.com/product/530/lava-retro-coil), which is twice the price of the Vox.    I also have a 60's/70's original coil which really rolls off the top, but gives a sound of it's own and is an interesting tone shaper.
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 490
    I've used a Reference cable for years now without any issues or noticeable capacitance drop. Great cables.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6938
    lukedlb said:
    I've used a Reference cable for years now without any issues or noticeable capacitance drop. Great cables.
    Can you tell us more Luke? There's a lot of info out there about reference cables.....and I have no clue what to look for! 
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 490
    merlin said:
    lukedlb said:
    Can you tell us more Luke? There's a lot of info out there about reference cables.....and I have no clue what to look for! 
    Yes, it was a bit confusing for me too. I remember the choice being between a single coil or humbucker. I play strats. What are you after?
    I did my pedalboard with their cable and my soldering. No need for switchers with boost, like Gigrig g2, to fix tone loss issues. 
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4165
    I’ve got a purple Fender one, think was Hendrix branded, still going strong.