coiled cable

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16314
the old fashioned type for geetar.......are there any made that are not crap?
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16314
    30 foot long cable...dang

Lookin' for something short around the house so i am not constantly entangling myself
    tae be or not tae be
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    Whirlwind

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7249
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8892
    tFB Trader
    Hootsmon said:
    30 foot long cable...dang

Lookin' for something short around the house so i am not constantly entangling myself
    I believe 30 foot is the length of the cable if you were to stretch it out.

I had one for a while and tbh while it looked cool it was forever tangling itself no matter what I did. 
    GoldenEraGuitars said:

I believe 30 foot is the length of the cable if you were to stretch it out.
    That's correct. Bear in mind that it has the capacitance of a 30-foot cable too.

I had one for a while and tbh while it looked cool it was forever tangling itself no matter what I did. 
    That's why the Whirlwind ones are so good - the cable is much thicker and heavier than the normal telephone-cord type thickness, and doesn't tangle. The guitarist in my band has been using one for as long as I've known him and it's always been fine, although I had to replace one of the plugs once I think.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

It's for the home only and i just saw a 10 footer...Hmmmmm
    tae be or not tae be
    Hootsmon said:
    It's for the home only and i just saw a 10 footer...Hmmmmm
    That could easily be the same length as the 30-foot, depending on how they're described... 10' coiled, 30' stretched out. Most of them seem to be that sort of length.

John...it's a 10 foot stretched one
    tae be or not tae be
    tae be or not tae be
    Hootsmon said:
    That must be the stretched length - it's clearly way shorter coiled up than 20' if you look at the picture, probably more like 5 or 6'.

The one my bandmate uses is much longer than that - it also noticeably rolls off top-end, which suits his sound although I'm not keen on it at all.

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20600
    @Hootsmon   Slight deviation in direction, but have you thought of going wireless?
    I have a brand new, unopened Lekato 5.8G Guitar Wireless System Transmitter/Receiver that I had bought for my mate's birthday before the bugger up & died on me, so I still have it.
    You could have it for a donation to tFB & there is no bad mojo attached to it 
    ;) 
    No worries if it's not for you.
    Many thanks KF but wireless is not for me...thanks again you kind soul   :)
    tae be or not tae be
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20600
    No problem :+1: 
  • ricky50ricky50 Frets: 164
    Divine Noise 50/50 - not cheap but bomb proof and clever half and half design means they don't ping out of your amp either if you over-stretch them when gigging.  Mine's being going for the last 6 years and still coils as good as new.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    I bought a Fender one cause it looked really cool and was Daphne blue but I actually hate it because the coiled part is so heavy it tugs downward.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8499
    I use 30ft cables, but as a means of attenuating very bright guitars. 

As I get older, cables bother me. I hate getting tangled in the damn things, be it headphone, guitar, or any other cable. Have gone wireless on guitar, it’s a joy.  It’s quite liberating to be able to potter about and play guitar roaming the grounds. 
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1408
    i have one from designacable, neutriks/van damme. no complaints and nice choice of colours. 
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2146
    bbill335 said:
    i have one from designacable, neutriks/van damme. no complaints and nice choice of colours. 

Oh good shout. I've just bought a coiled white one off the back of this. Looks ideal.

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1408
    Hootsmon said:
    i have an old whirlwind coily lead with proper brass jacks. that one doesn't look half as robust. 
  • tabanotabano Frets: 113
    edited October 2020
    I use a vox coiled cable and I am aware of the “tonal” variations, in fact,  I really like how very slightly tames the top end of my plexi,
    Its been great for 6 plus years ( live gigging included )