NGD - my first partscaster (SC Relics content)

What's Hot
JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 5054
edited October 2020 in Guitar
A long time ago (well, 2018) in a galaxy far, far away (Norfolk), the lovely dogs belonging to @TTony pulled some tennis balls out of some baskets, thereby winning me the star prize of a body kindly donated by Scott @GoldenEraGuitars .  Unfortunately, stuff got in the way and it sat in its box under my bed - but over the last couple of weekends, I finally got round to wiring it up and bolting it together.  So here it is:

The neck is a Mighty Mite which was on another guitar, but it never fitted the neck pocket very well.

I originally ordered it from Scott with some plain white plastics, but they looked a bit stark against the Fiesta Red.  So I replaced the pickguard with a mint green one from Charles Guitars.  Pickups are from GFS courtesy of @impmann - who sent them on what looked like an old Squier pickguard with some nicely yellowed covers and knobs.  Have to say, they look damn fine against the mint.

Would I have chosen anything different?  Possibly I might have gone for a little light wear instead of NOS (at least I wouldn't have minded so much dropping the neck plate on the top edge of the body within ten minutes of owning it).  But overall, I'm a very happy bunny.

So, once again - thanks to Tony and the mods for organising the raffle, and especially to Scott for his generosity.
Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments