Who said ‘relic’?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Cool guitar, but 5700$ seems mad. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • At what point does any vintage guitar cease to be itself? 

I recently came across a partscaster consisting of the neck and most of the hardware of a 60s Tele but with a replacement body and bridge pickup. It was advertised as a 60s Tele, though priced to reflect its incompleteness.
  • I like his videos - he's obviously passionate about his guitars n amps & plays in that SRV style so well too - plus I think that he's not trying to say that he knows everything about vintage guitars either - just his humble opinion which is refreshing & down-to-earth.......

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2011
    Guitars are one thing but amps are another. This is his latest video and it brings up alot of questions for me.

This is not a go at Matthew Scott but more of a general question about vintage amps. As an electronics engineer I know that 50 year old capacitors and resistors are going to have suffered deterioration over that time and are not likely to be even close to their original values. So most if not all will need to be replaced. This one had been rusting in a barn for many years so the speaker cones are not likely to be in great condition. but apparently this amp is something to behold. you would not want to buy a TV from the sixties so why are vintage amps so special if most of the components need to be replaced