Matsumoku Monday

What's Hot
AdeyAdey Frets: 2802
Go on. Show us your Matsumoku-built guitars. You know you want to.

Here's some of mine...

Westbury Custom

Westbury Deluxe

Vox Custom 24

Vantage X88

What goodies have you got tucked away???

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    Aria RS Standard

Aria SB-R60, factory fretless

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15430
    tFB Trader
    A few memories there

what about a Tokai Tuesday - Westone Wednesday - Takamine Thursday - Fender Friday - Shergold Saturday - Schecter Sunday
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7343
    tFB Trader
    Gib-sunday please
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 7066
    I remember the days, not that long ago, when you could pick Westbury’s up from the free ads (big yellow newspaper for the kids who don’t know) for £100 or less. 

Nice guitars - I‘ve had a couple of standards over the years but they seem to be selling for a bit more in the eBay/internet age.

Being a ‘78 myself I’m going to look at affordable Japanese YOB guitars so I can join this club.  =)
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • A few memories there

what about a Tokai Tuesday - Westone Wednesday - Takamine Thursday - Fender Friday - Shergold Saturday - Schecter Sunday
    You missed PRS-terday!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15430
    tFB Trader
    Iamnobody said:
    I remember the days, not that long ago, when you could pick Westbury’s up from the free ads (big yellow newspaper for the kids who don’t know) for £100 or less. 

Nice guitars - I‘ve had a couple of standards over the years but they seem to be selling for a bit more in the eBay/internet age.

Being a ‘78 myself I’m going to look at affordable Japanese YOB guitars so I can join this club.  =)
    you are showing your age - and yes I can recall them as well - The whole of the Matsomoku product range, no matter what it said on the headstock, was of a consistent quality plus  a good playability etc 
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    edited October 2020
    My Pearl SG - with a nut width of barely 40mm it's one for those that have smaller fingers

https://i.imgur.com/meuf65r.jpg
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32391
    My studio workhorse. I was with my new girlfriend (now my wife) many years ago and we went to visit a friend of hers whose husband was a piano player, and I spotted a guitar case in the corner. He dug it out and dusted it off, saying that he hadn't really played guitar at all for years.  

We spent a fun evening jamming, especially fun for me as I'd lost everything except my clothes and passport in a very messy breakup with my ex and didn't even have a guitar. 

We left the next morning and stopped on the 200 mile drive home to grab a bit of shopping, and when we opened the car boot found this guitar. He'd sneaked it in there before we'd got up that morning. 
    It was a much-appreciated act of kindness and is one of the few things I own which will never be for sale.

0reaction image LOL 15reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @p90fool that's a nice story.  What's the thing between the bridge and the pickup? Some sort of acoustic/piezo transducer? 
  • what a lovely story @p90fool ;

• My contribution, pretty sure it's Matsu

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15276
    What's the thing between the bridge and the pickup?
    Roland GK-3 hexaphonic synthesizer driver pickup.

Some Roland devices are capable of modelling acoustic guitar sounds but these are rarely convincing. e.g. Applying side to side finger vibrato whilst triggering a nylon string sound. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Wer nicht für Freiheit sterben kann, der ist der Kette wert.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What's the thing between the bridge and the pickup?

Some Roland devices are capable of modelling acoustic guitar sounds but these are rarely convincing. e.g. Applying side to side finger vibrato whilst triggering a nylon string sound. 
    Yes - should have zoomed in on the picture before asking the question shouldn't I :)
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32391
    edited October 2020
    What's the thing between the bridge and the pickup?

Yes - should have zoomed in on the picture before asking the question shouldn't I
    Yeah I just use it for composition in the studio, mainly for playing in midi soft synth parts in my DAW. 

I use a keyboard as well, but I'm faster at working on guitar. 

Every part on this was done on that guitar; (except vocals, obviously)

• alalalkasaralalalkasar Frets: 373
    edited October 2020
    Adey said:
    Vox Custom 24

I've got fond memories of playing in a band with a guy who had one of these in the early 90s. I remember it being really nice but my god was it heavy, even for my teenage back.
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2802
    Yep. Fantastically heavy, but then it is actually a maple veneer on reinforced concrete I think...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1738
    Had a few, not many left now alas after some "rationalisation"..

Westbury Deluxe

Westone Spectum GT 

Aria ZZ - Blueburst

Do MIJ Tokais count ? (If they do..)

Thats all I can find pics of for now..
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2802
    I like the XXs and ZZs posted
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3197
    edited October 2020
    I love my Westone Thunder Jet, it fits me really well and neck is perfect for me. Unlike many other Thunder models, it’s a pretty light guitar. 

Being totally black, it’s maybe a bit boring to look at though.