Matsumoku Monday

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• AdeyAdey Frets: 2802
    I used to have a lovely white one. I sold it though stupidly because I wanted something else...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I love my Westone Thunder Jet, it fits me really well and neck is perfect for me. Unlike many other Thunder models, it’s a pretty light guitar. 

Being totally black, it’s maybe a bit boring to look at though.

That´s the reason I rarely use my ARIA Cardinal. It´s a great guitar but really boring to look at.
    Wer nicht für Freiheit sterben kann, der ist der Kette wert.

• 83 Riviera!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I love my Westone Thunder Jet, it fits me really well and neck is perfect for me. Unlike many other Thunder models, it’s a pretty light guitar. 

Being totally black, it’s maybe a bit boring to look at though.

That´s the reason I rarely use my ARIA Cardinal. It´s a great guitar but really boring to look at.
    I don’t much like putting stickers on a guitar but I have thought about ways to brighten it up a bit. A swap for some bright green pickups and knobs might perk it up but I actually like the pups on this.  

Those pickup topper stickers might work but they seem a bit naff. Maybe change the pickup rings? Dunno really but it’s not the biggest problem in my life right now.
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1738
    ^ Yeah - a different set of pickup rings is a good way to change the look of a guitar fairly dramatically, with relatively little effort. I replaced the old black plastic ones with decent quality anodised metal finish ones on a couple of guitars and it can make a big difference. Match the finish on the rings to the other hardware and it can help change the look a lot. Not a Mats one alas ..but you get the idea. It had fairly dull and misshaped plastic ones on it which just didn't look right to me.

A set of steel or brushed aluminium rings on that Thunder Jet, and maybe some different knobs on it could work. Either that or go gold/brass for a proper Blingy look :)