Gibson E-Buckers?

What's Hot
HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 351
Does anyone know much about these? I bought some Throbaks to try out and as I fitting them was surprised to find the E-Buckers in my VOS 61SG as I had assumed it had Custombuckers. Info I have aquired online is quite sketchy.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14266
    edited October 2020
    Never heard of them. As far as I'm aware Gibson Custom have fitted Burstbuckers up to 2014, then Custombuckers up to 2018 and then Unpotted Alnico III Custombuckers from 2018 onwards as their PAF type pickup.

What year is your guitar and did you have it from new? Got any pics?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 351
    edited October 2020
    Never heard of them. As far as I'm aware Gibson Custom have fitted Burstbuckers up to 2014, then Custombuckers up to 2018 and then Unpotted Alnico III Custombuckers from 2018 onwards as their PAF type pickup.

What year is your guitar and did you have it from new? Got any pics?

I got the guitar earlier in the year "pre-owned" from Coda. It's a 2011 SG Standard Custom VOS. I really liked their sound but found them a tad microphonic especially the Bridge, so I decided to replace them, they must be replacements as they are dated 2013, they were perfectly soldered in, whoever did it did a great job and I must say soundwise they compare very nicely to the Throbak SLE-101's

Here are the pickups

https://i.imgur.com/Mq9qU2x.jpg?2

On my google for more information I found these on Reverb which have the same code on them.

https://reverb.com/uk/item/18413679-gibson-e-bucker-custom-bucker-set-nickel?locale=en-GB
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14266
    Interesting, not heard of these before. That reverb listing suggests:

Only available in Wildwood-Spec and Japan-limited Custom Shop Historic guitars produced in 2013-2014

• HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 351
    From what I've read it would appear that they are underwound with A3's. I Was going to sell them but the apparent rareness has somehow made them sound better :D
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom