Kenny Wayne Shepherd with a Gibson LP

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    That is the most uncool thing I have ever seen.

And I lived in Germany in the eighties.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnhejohnhe Frets: 192
    Having said all that you guys have said, I think the guitar sound is pretty good. Odd to see KWS play a LP. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I don’t know anything about KWS but I didn’t mind the song: the sort of thing I’d hear in a bar and enjoy, but be bored with by track 3 of the album.

I like the idea of the video: I hope they were all genuine women that appeared in it, and not just actors... I’m not 100% convinced that the woman with the guitar was actually a guitarist, though
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MattNovakMattNovak Frets: 907
    edited October 2020
    Skipped said:
    At 7.45pm I listened to the full clip.
    At 7.55pm I was in the bath, humming the cheesy hook. 

I can’t quite work out the euphemism, but it sounds absolutely filthy. Good on you. 
    www.theflyingacesband.com
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    It reminded me of the Pipkins

• RomainRomain Frets: 15
    I like his first two albums. Good blues, very SRV and great guitar playing.

After 2000, I am less of a fan. 
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 702
    I’m into Southern Rock so I like it.

And interestingly, I have exactly the same scarf that KWS is wearing in this video. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    Harsh crowd. I thought it was OK, although not something that I'd rush out to buy. I'd be quite happy to own it though, you know, if the CD album fell out of the back of a lorry. Well, as long as I didn't have to cross the street for it. And maybe if it landed in a bush so that I didn't actually have to bend down and pick it up. And if it was bundled with a couple of other really cool CDs. Yeah, for sure then though.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny80Danny80 Frets: 14
    I don’t post too often but I don’t get the guitar bashing banter when it’s stuff like ‘Wow ... his playing is Open Mic sloppy’.  Really? Unless this is a joke, I’m not sure what open mics you’re attending, but if KWS is deemed sloppy there then that bar is set fairly high!  Even if you’re viewing his playing objectively, and his playing does nothing for you (I’m not a fan of his band but the guy can play!), which is fine we don’t all like the same music, I fail to see how that live playing is sloppy.  At ridiculous volume, which these guys play at, I can’t see that - again, objectively - there’s any missteps here.  D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny80 said:
    I don’t post too often but I don’t get the guitar bashing banter when it’s stuff like ‘Wow ... his playing is Open Mic sloppy’.  Really? Unless this is a joke, I’m not sure what open mics you’re attending, but if KWS is deemed sloppy there then that bar is set fairly high!  Even if you’re viewing his playing objectively, and his playing does nothing for you (I’m not a fan of his band but the guy can play!), which is fine we don’t all like the same music, I fail to see how that live playing is sloppy.  At ridiculous volume, which these guys play at, I can’t see that - again, objectively - there’s any missteps here.  D
    Im a big fan of his, but in that strat video, he missfrets and catches the wrong string numerus times, like when you grab a tele after playing a Jag or Les Paul is all I mean.

Ive never seen him do that before.  
  • Danny80Danny80 Frets: 14
    Fair enough, doubt it’s keeping him up at night, or indeed that anyone attending that gig noticed.  The hundreds of other notes he played on point weren’t insulted.  The problem with capturing a live performance these days (usually in a vacuum and in poor quality on YT) is that we can all do a post mortem.  But really what does it achieve?  I’m pretty critical of my own playing and I can’t touch KWS, I’m sure he noticed his misfret.  Got to keep playing though!  ; )
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom